News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Radiator, radiator?

Started by brad1098, February 18, 2019, 05:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad1098

Tiger has developed a cooling issue.

2002 with all factory components except a few coolant flushes over the years and 2x rad caps.  Bike was getting hot at idle and normal use in mild temps.  I removed the water pump and inspected.  It was clean and appeared to be in good working order.  Then removed the thermostat, cooked it in water and it functioned, but may not be closing 100%. Don't know if this is correct?

After re-assembly and test run at idle, I noticed the left, hose side of the radiator was hot and the right was still cold.  Then removed the radiator, flushed and another test with the same result.

Radiator shop said it may be the internal baffle in the left tank.  Surprisingly there are new, not OEM radiators on eBay for $50.  Anyone have knowledge of these?  Is there a part # for the thermostat, Bike Bandit wants $50 ironically for a new thermostat.

Cheers
-Thanks, Brad
02 black-Lorna

Chris Canning

While there is War and Piece on here about just about everything else on here there's been little if anything about radiators and as these bikes get older a sure fire cert posts like this will become more common sorry can't help with the tech apart from going secondhand OE.

Jayell

Quote from: brad1098 on February 18, 2019, 05:25:09 PM
Surprisingly there are new, not OEM radiators on eBay for $50.

I can't find 'em. Link please, Brad?

Thanks!  :thumbsup
2002 Tiger 955i, 2011 Thruxton, 2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT

Chris Canning

Hardly a risk at that kind of money shame they are so far away most certainly make a good spare.

London_Phil

Be interesting to see how closely it resembles the picture when it arrives.

Chris Canning

I've already asked for a postage price if it turns up we'll see at that kind of money hardly a risk even if there's import duty

Jayell

Quote from: brad1098 on February 20, 2019, 05:13:23 PM
Everything looks to be correct.  There are others listed, probably all made by the same supplier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-Aluminum-Radiator-For-TRIUMPH-TIGER-955I-2001-2006-01-02-03-04-05-06/201576796689?fits=Model%3ATiger&epid=1167513365&hash=item2eeee9d211:g:aAEAAOSwmmxW3UcE:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!62288!US!-1:rk:5:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Looks good to me. Thanks Brad.  :thumbsup

Quote from: brad1098 on February 18, 2019, 05:25:09 PMIs there a part # for the thermostat, Bike Bandit wants $50 ironically for a new thermostat.

The thermostat is #T2102131. Fifty bucks, though bloody steep, is the going rate. Change the cap while you're at it.
2002 Tiger 955i, 2011 Thruxton, 2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT

Chris Canning

They are not able to ship to the UK.

Mustang

I bought a chain once off ebay for cheap money and it was total unusable junk
I don't think it had 2 links the same length in the entire chain
you couldnt adjust it at all and what a racket it made going down the road .................................................

LONG STORY SHORT ..............................I think it was this same place  :bug_eye

BUYER BEWARE

Chris Canning

Mustang

I cant be certain......
Old friggin man ya know !
:mut
Their feedback on anything radiator specific isn't so good
A lot of "it doesn't fit" feedback
It may or may not be the same place
But tv I dont think 50 bucks is going to buy much in the way of a GOOD radiator

Chris Canning

If you look at the welding it looks like Stevie Wonder did it  :icon_wink: but hardly risking the house but hey ho.