News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Airbox snorkel

Started by Mart, February 28, 2019, 09:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mart

I bought my '96 Steamer a couple of weeks ago. On the first ride, the power delivery was poor with a marked flat spot from 1/4 throttle onwards.

As it hadn't been used for some time, I decided to go through the carbs, valve clearances, plugs, and fit a K&N element into the airbox. I also noticed that the standard cans were rusting through on the underside, so bought some Venom cans.

Put it back together, and on the test ride, as soon as the throttle passed 1/4, the engine would die, and not pick up again till the throttle was closed.

Unsure of what to do next, I searched this forum and came across threads about the intake snorkels, and that the right-hand one is meant to be blocked - mine wasn't.

So, I blanked of the snorkel, took it up the road, and hey presto!  Runs as the factory intended!

So thanks guys, the knowledge contained on this site has proved invaluable - everyone take a bow ...

Timbox2

Its been said before, mess with the standard airbox/snorkels at your peril
2016 Tiger Sport

Madruss

Very handy bit of information  :><  :thumbsup
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!