News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shock Change

Started by Newsman, March 18, 2019, 10:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Hello

I have bought a new rear shock and I am planning to fit it next month I feel I can fit it ok with the help of the Haynes manual but does anyone have any tips? or any suggestions for things I should change at the same time or anything I should look out for while I am doing it?

Thank you

Mustang

It's rather straight forward , just take out the battery tray and it becomes a lot easier .
as long as the bottom link is good ( doubtful cuz the grease zerk is almost impossible to get at ) so
usually they need new bearings at the minimum :bug_eye , ebay replacement from almost any early hinkley bike will work .
don't throw your old shock out , as steamer shocks CAN be rebuilt .

Newsman

Thanks for the Info I do grease the links, do you mean all the bearings from the link about 8 sleeves or just the 2 for the shock? I though I would get them in before I took it to bits to keep the down time to a minimum