News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil change question

Started by Hooverscon, April 06, 2019, 05:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooverscon

I just finished up changing the oil on my 98' Steamer. I put 4 qt of 4T oil in it and took it on a quick 10 mile trip. Once I got back I checked the oil level (I know, out of sequence :BangHead). The dipstick is showing that I over filled it (slightly over the "max line"). I ended up letting the bike sit for the night, the next morning I siphoned out approx 100-150ml of oil and the dipstick hasn't budged.... The amt of oil that i siphoned should have, with my predictions, brought the level back within the "normal" range. Should I expect to see oil spots in my garage once it starts warming up due to blowing out the seals!? Should I fire the bike up tomorrow morning, to warm it up, then continue to siphon the oil until i get the oil level between the lines??

Mustang

Irrelevant

My 98 always got a gallon jug of oil at oil change instead of 4 liters and never ever had an issue in 80000 miles

Hooverscon

A gallon is only 3.7x Liters... So I have nothing to worry about? Is the bike designed to have the oil checked on the kickstand or should it be on the center stand?

Thanks for the reply.

Hooverscon

My bad... 4qt=1 gallon.

Okay I'll quit worrying about it haha