News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel warning light.

Started by rybes, April 08, 2019, 08:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

How do I make the fuel warning light come on? Changed all the bulbs for leds at the weekend and want to check the bulb is the right way round so I can fit a resistor to make it work properly
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

ssevy

It's not a float or plunger style, but rather a solid brass plug, so I'm guessing being submerged must change the resistance or complete a circuit?
Wiring diagram may show this by the type of symbol?
Put the old bulb in and connect its two leads and see if it comes on?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

GavD

Rybes,

I was under the impression that the fuel light was the only one you can't change for an LED, so I left mine as a bulb, but I suppose in theory with a resistor inline it should work. Not sure how many ohms you need tho.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rybes

Never thought about joining the leads together.
Yeah ya right gav. I left the bulb in on my other tiger but this one I want an led. As for ohms I'm working at the moment with an electrical genius so I'm hoping hell know. Then I'll post it here so everyone else knows too
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)