News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Seem to be getting few and far between????

Started by Bostedsprocket, April 08, 2019, 07:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bostedsprocket

In September 2014 I bought myself a 95 model Steamer (only had it a few months due to some kid in a fiesta knocking me off and wrecking it) after some time out due to injuries I then got an 885i girly which I loved and used every day and stuck thousands of miles on it over almost 3 years, I then got my current 2001 955i girly November last year which I also love and use daily. Back in 2014 when I was in the market and ended up with the steamer, Ebay, auto trader shpock etc where all flooded with 955i tigers, there would all ways be around 5 or 6 pages worth on ebay, but if you check now there are only around a dozen bikes up for sale. I work as a nationwide driver and used to see tigers quite a lot especially up in Scotland in the summer, but over the last 12 months apart from my own I haven't seen another 955, I think most folk must be hanging on to the ones worth having, either way they seem to be getting rare!!!                 
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Chris Canning

There will be a fair share of them just run into the ground but just like my even older 1100s not only become thin on the ground aftermarket parts are even fewer strangely enough while out yesterday tracking down parts for a newly acquired KTM GT when the guy realised I had a collection got the usual which is the best one still our much loved 955  :icon_biggrin:

HockleyBoy

Have been running mine into the ground because it wasn't worth selling (and I couldn't find anything I like better!)  Once the mileage is over about 50k on a bike no one is really interested in buying a bike unless its some sort of classic.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

I rather like the bike being worth zip keeps life nice and simple  :icon_wink:

John Stenhouse

I'm with Canning, worth fuck all, over 50K on the clock, only way it's leaving is prised from my cold dead hands.

I love it, wouldn't change it, I've got another five bikes, and three silly French mopeds, two Tigers, they're permanent, others only temporary
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting