News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tune ecu time?

Started by Bostedsprocket, June 19, 2019, 05:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bostedsprocket

Late last year my 2001 955i was ticking over like a bag of shit, very low and very uneven,  I replaced the stepper and hoses and balanced the throttle boddies, the difference was amazing, but 7 months and 5k later its ticking over at around 800rpm, this time tho its not erratic its even, just low its not cutting out or stalling but should be around 1100, reckon the stepper might need setting upon tune ecu???? any input would be helpful.
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Chris Canning

Bring it round and i'll See what can do if I can remember!!

Bostedsprocket

Well thanks to Chris the bike is now ticking over sweet around 1150 ish, small increase in stepper motor steps on tune ecu and it sounded better straight away, took it for a spin in some stop start traffic and then rode home and even when hot the tick over has remained level and steady, very pleased. 
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!