News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's Alive! ...Sort of.

Started by 98TIGA, June 22, 2019, 04:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowyer2002

@98TIGA - that's some good info rt there! Thanks!

98TIGA

Certainly!

Below is a photo of the new rotors installed. Since four of the bolts I removed had to actually be drilled out, I opted to go ahead and use the remaining eight bolts (hand-tightened) to reinstall things to the point where everything is pretty much back together.  I was incredulous to discover that Triumph wants almost $8 a piece for the disk bolts, with a wait time three to four weeks. I ended up ordering a kit of 12 for $52 from 2WheelPros instead.

In other news, I finally got some front turn signals installed. I gave up trying to find pair of OEM ones and instead purchased some Bike Master mini indicators on Amazon for like $17. I'm fairly happy with their quality at that price point, and what's more, their squared-off design looks very similar to a miniature version of the originals. They're pretty bright, too!
'98 Tiger, '12 Bonneville SE, '91 K100RS

98TIGA

Never mind 'bout the photos. I keep getting an error:

"Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information."

Photos are two/four MB.

bowyer2002

I have gotten the same photo message.
You need to re-size the photos for them to be uploaded.

98TIGA

Thanks for the tip! So much for that 10GB attachment limit, eh?

Timbox2

Quote from: 98TIGA on July 10, 2019, 11:24:35 PM
Thanks for the tip! So much for that 10GB attachment limit, eh?

Its the norm to "Host" photos with Photobastard, Bucket, or similar, I use One Drive. Saves using TT's storage and pissing Mustang off :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

ssevy

I would get some fork gaiters on to prevent road debris or a stone from messing up your upper tubes.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

98TIGA

Roger on the fork gaiters! I'm actually going to make some out of nylon and Velcro on my industrial sewing machine. I just can't bring myself to spend $50-$60 on Shock Sox.

I'll use Photobucket going forward. I didnt even stop to think about using up server storage space; how inconsiderate of me.

bowyer2002

You need one more bolt (at least) in the rotor photo!

98TIGA

Actually, I need two (per rotor-- I explain in a previous post)! I'm waiting on a kit of 12 to replace the old ones; I just did a dry-fit so I could get the bike back together. When the new bolts come in, I'll install 'em and get this thing back on the road!

bowyer2002

I'm old & forgot what I had read earlier!
Good luck with the repairs!  :occasion14

98TIGA

I installed the Heed crash-bars this morning. Here's hoping I never need 'em...

ssevy

Great place to hang your underwear to dry when you're Moto-camping. You'll meet some interesting people if you do(don't ask me how I know).
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

98TIGA