News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 955i running lumpy under 40mph

Started by Tony, July 03, 2019, 01:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Thought Id poke me head in, other thing the OP might want to check is the IACV hoses, pound to a penny if original ribbed hoses, they will have holes, my last 955 had very similar running symptoms, and it was the hoses. Tank and airbox off Im afraid, but its all here
2016 Tiger Sport

Lee337

I'll take a look when Tony comes round, thanks for the heads up.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Tony

Hi thanks for info.  Bike started to backfire over the last few days downshifitng, nothing else has changed.

Tony

update :- Thanks to Lee337 has kindly had a look at my ecu,  I had the updated TOR with aftermarket can map already installed but it was "modified".  It was updated and reset to default settings.  There were no errors and everything looked to be running as they should, the rpm was dropped from 1500 to 1200, so now it ticks over better.  During the trial run bike seems to run a little better esp at 30 mph though a little rough under.  Def an improvement that before.  Next job is put a proper can on and have a good look at the hoses.