News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's doing it again.

Started by Nick Calne, July 11, 2019, 02:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

My oil light keeps coming on; it did it a few years back on a couple of trips and then corrected itself without investigation and before any intervention.   Just riding along and then it flickers into life, then off then on.  Worrying, but no other observable problems.  So there it is, a light on, but there is oil aplenty in the belly of the beast, so I imagine that there's a pressure sensor somewhere that's playing the fool?

Do you have any guidance on what might otherwise be going on before I order a replacement part? Oil pump or something, some blockage somewhere?

Grateful for your thoughts...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Timbox2

I have a memory that faulty oil pressure switches were quite common on the early Hinkleys. I remember test riding a T595 Daytona and the oil light kept flashing on and off, Dealer said they just hadnt got round to swapping the switch?? Id check the wiring itself too
2016 Tiger Sport

Sparky

Had a similar thing on my old 98 Steamer flickering oil light new pressure switch and all was well again.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot