News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 or 2006 tiger which is better

Started by Bigpussy, July 11, 2019, 10:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigpussy

Thanks for sharing your experience and insight it's
Tremendously helpful...I'm going for the 2005 with
9k miles...the seller wants $3950
And I'm 3rd in line
Doubt I'll have a chance for this one
There's an 05 closer to home but it's
Got   51,000 miles  for $2000

Lee337

Not sure that higher mileage is such as issue as it once was. I have an 06 Girly that had 56k when I bought it. Aside from consumables all I've replaced is the clutch cable & the headstock bearings.

The gear change is a little clunky but that's more down to needing a new chain & sprocket than anything mechanical. Aside from that it's as smooth as silk. Not quite on a par with my old Honda Blackbird, but about what I'd expect from a 3 cylinder.

I could be wrong but to my mind a well maintained high(ish) mileage bike is better than a low mileage barely used & poorly maintained one. That's not to say all low mileage bikes are poorly maintained.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Chris Canning

Everyone has their own tricks of the trade when i'm Buy a bike or car privately I spend more time looking at the house or driveway f they can't maintain those the bikes got no chance which brings me on to the next thing storage my bikes are stored in my integral garage which has access from my living room so its all at the same temp,while looking for a KTMGT this year one of the first I looked at got to the house and he takes me to an un-heated lock up garage I make my excuses and leave.