News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Other 955i bikes ...sprint?

Started by Bigpussy, July 28, 2019, 04:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigpussy

I haven't been able to find an 05
Tiger near me but I've seen the
955i sprint and a triumph trophy
Are any of these as fun and comfortable
as the tiger?

Chris Canning

Completely different bikes bit like shopping for apples and asking if oranges are any good  :icon_biggrin:

Tiger-G

I suppose it depends on what bikes you like, and are willing to ride ?? For me, I'll only ride Big Trailie's, and it has to be British, so I'm kinda stuck with Tigers  :^_^

As Chris says......they are like chalk and cheese. I must admit, I don't know a thing about any other bike than a Tiger, but I assume the Sprint will be quicker, but won't be as comfortable, and you won't be able to carry as much luggage. The Trophy will be more like the Tiger, but heavier, more cumbersome, less fun round the twisties, but will carry lots of luggage ??

As an analogy...........I didn't have a car for 18 months, because I knew exactly what car I wanted, what colour, what spec, what horsepower, what year, what mileage, what price. I was prepared to wait, as I don't do second bests. Eventually, the right car came along and I jumped on it within 2 hours of it being advertised. It was cheaper than I was prepared to pay, less mileage, younger age......so I got the perfect car for me  :icon_wink: 

I suppose it comes down to are you bothered about what bike you ride, are you prepared to wait, are you prepared to travel further to get it, etc, etc ??

Good luck with your choices though  :icon_biggrin:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Timbox2

Those early 3 pot Trophys still have the old Carbed Steamer type engine, comfort of an armchair, but steers like one too
2016 Tiger Sport

SteveFord

A lot less weight and a lot more power with the Sprint line up.
The Tiger is like a big La-Z-Boy by comparison. 
It's all what you're planning on using it for.