News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Tigertriple meet - Machynlleth October 4th-6th 2019

Started by mat-tiger1, August 05, 2019, 10:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Hi all!  :wave Following the success of the Devon meet earlier this year, there are plans afoot for yet another UK meet up this year, but this time the location is Machynlleth in West Wales!  :thumbsup

Thoughts are to head up on the Friday (or Saturday morning if you are more local) and ride out on Saturday with a choice of routes options including Snowdonia, Elan valley, northern Brecon beacons and coastal roads to name a few.  :icon_cool: (Exact route TBC) with a steady ride back home on Sunday.  :5moped

There are plenty of options for accommodation in the area both in and around the town. Hotels, b&b's etc. (There's even a `Boatel` for the more adventurous!  :icon_eek:)

The most popular dates for most seem to be the weekend of the 4th-6th of October. Some of us are booking up as we speak, with a head count at the minute standing around 9-10 and wondered if any more of you guys out there would like to join us?  :m

Feel free to chip in below if you have any questions, suggestions of otherwise!  :icon_biggrin: :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

There doesn't seem like a lot of choice 're accommodation? Thought there would be more there considering size of town,and location.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on August 14, 2019, 02:28:31 PM
There doesn't seem like a lot of choice 're accommodation? Thought there would be more there considering size of town,and location.
The bloody hippies own everything  :^_^
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

mat-tiger1

Well, the time is drawing near and quite a few guys have thrown their hats into the ring as attending this little get-together. 😊
The base of operations will be Machynlleth with a bunch of us turning up there mid-late afternoon on the Friday. The Friday evening will consist mainly of eating, drinking, telling tall stories and talking about the route planned for Saturday. Our navigator/route planner Nickcalne has put together a treat of a ride out, taking in the best the area has to offer! 👍😁
If anyone fancies turning up on the Saturday morning just for the ride-out you're more than welcome. Just post up on here and we'll let you know where we've decided to meet up. 👍 and if you wanted to join us on the evening, again you're more than welcome. 😊
Those that are attending and have planned to stay over, I'll post up a meeting point (pub) for Friday evening as a starting point later in the week. I believe there's a few pubs in town so we should have plenty of choices! 🍻👍
Other than that, I'll look forward to meeting up with some of you again very soon! 😎👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

threepot

Just watched BBC weather for end of the week..'huge amount s of uncertainty '!😕
95 Super111
96 Tiger

mat-tiger1

Expect & dress for rain, anything else is a bonus!  :thumbsup
It is Wales after all!  :m

threepot

Might catch tail end of hurricane Lorenzo? Checked the coolant level earlier,and noticed it had dropped by about half a ltr. I thought I'd found a leak,nipped up all the clamps,took for a short spin,but it has dropped again😕 No leaks visable when engine is running? I'll have another look tomorrow. Don't fancy covering that distance with this problem😡
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

If it was dry would it even be a tigertriple weekend?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

mat-tiger1

Quote from: threepot on September 29, 2019, 08:29:01 PM
Might catch tail end of hurricane Lorenzo? Checked the coolant level earlier,and noticed it had dropped by about half a ltr. I thought I'd found a leak,nipped up all the clamps,took for a short spin,but it has dropped again😕 No leaks visable when engine is running? I'll have another look tomorrow. Don't fancy covering that distance with this problem😡

If you leave the rad cap off Threepot the weather will do the rest!  :rfl

mat-tiger1

mat-tiger1

For those rocking up on the Friday, I have booked us tables at the White Lion Hotel (By the clock tower) for between 19:30 & 20:00.  :thumbsup
Of course this doesn't mean for one minute that socializing can't start before that time!!  :occasion14 Not knowing exactly where everyone is staying or what time you'll be arriving in Mach i thought I'd better book something up.  :icon_wink:
The town isn't very big so we'll probably scout out a location for Saturday evening eats and drinks during Friday evening and book something up then.  :^_^
Nickcalne  :bowdown has mapped a rideout route out for the Saturday (which we'll go over on Friday evening) which i'm going to attempt to attach to this post.  :icon_rolleyes: But if all else fails, you can PM him and he'll send it to you directly.  :thumbsup
As i said in an earlier post, look forward to seeing you guys there!  :thumbsup

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

mat-tiger1

Chris Canning

Tim just a question.... do you think we can get your KTM in my new van just thinking of a plan B   :ImaPoser