News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Changing rectifier

Started by ghulst, August 19, 2019, 09:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

I am taking delivery of a Tiger which probably has a shot rectifier. I've already gotten one from a breaker, as it was too good a deal to pass up. Anyway, are there any how-to's on the subject? Just wondering whether I need to take the whole thing apart, or whether I can get away with just loosening up the radiator to wriggle it in. ;)

(By the way, I did read up on the air filter change and it seems not much has changed since the steamer... It still is a heck of a lot of work.  :icon_lol:)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

London_Phil

Pop over to
www.tiger800.co.uk
and join us there.
If I remember, loosening the radiator mounts and allowing it to drop forward should give you enough room, but please check before you do, I'm not always right, unlike my better half....

ghulst

Lee337

Pinched from another forum...

My Missus says I only have two faults.

1. I don't listen
2. some other stuff she was rabbiting on about.

:icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

London_Phil

Going well off topic now...but ask Nick about the dept of double standards.....

ghulst

ghulst

Just to update the thread...

Pulled apart half the front end of the Tiger 800XC today, changed the rectifier by pulling the radiator aside etc. and fixed the bike. :)

London_Phil

ghulst

It has turned out to be a nice beast. ;)

Sin_Tiger

I did like mine, much closer to the Steamer and the XC seemed to handle better than the cast wheel variants, I was told much the same by one of the Triumph development guys during a factory visit back in 2013.

A bargain is hard to pass up when you have spanners doing nothing in the garage  :nod

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

As I've updated the boards, I have decided I might as well open a new topic on this bike and tell the whole story. ;)