News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

"Sasquatch Mod"

Started by Craig Wilkin, October 04, 2019, 03:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Wilkin

Finally got around to doing the Sasquatch mod on my 03 Tiger. Been playing up a bit and I ran the meter over the battery and was getting around 13.5v at idle, but the strange part was when I opened the throttle up a wee bit the voltage dropped back to 12.3-12.5v. I then checked the rec/reg and all is ok there. Did the mod and now I have consistent 14.7v at the battery, at idle and when I open the throttle up. Very happy camper

Tiger-G

Hi  :icon_biggrin:

It's a good little mod isn't it ??  :icon_wink:

It was a bit daunting for me when I did the mod and replaced the rectifier and stator on my 955i. I'd never really had any experience with electrical work like that on bikes. The information I found on the two Tiger forums was invaluable, and I'm happy to say I've now got a good charging system  :thumbsup
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.