News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Definitive spinning tank nut thread

Started by Clarkey231, October 06, 2019, 07:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkey231

Hello all,

I'm new here and own a steamer. Have noticed I have the same tank problem as loads of others. I've tried the search function and clicked on links which say spinning nut fix to be taken back to login screen!

Please can someone direct me to definitive thread?

Cheers.

Mustang

The how to file is corrupted .....

The spinning tank screws can be fixed
But beware that not all tanks have the same amount of plastic around the nuts so are thinner than others .
There ain't much wiggle room and it's real easy to make swiss cheese out of your tank. Like worthless at holding gas.

Mustang

Use the search button
Type in "spinning tank nuts"

You'll have lots to read

Geoff W

I know that i have mentioned this before, but it has just worked again for me. I have 2 spinning tank nuts , one per side.  I have found that if you wait for a cold frosty morning and push the bike out into the cold for an hour or so, the nuts will stop spinning, allowing the bolts to come out so I can put some liquid superglue around the nut allowing it to seep into the cracks around the nut and glue it in place. As long as you live somewhere with a proper Winter it will work.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Feisty

Perfect timing Geoff. I have to attempt a petcock change on a tiger 900 on Wednesday and am a little nervous as to what might happen.
Shame it is going to be 104 here but I will keep your technique in mind.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Geoff W

It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.