News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

london ulez zone.

Started by Bostedsprocket, October 16, 2019, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

I've had my non ESA XR 4 years next march gone the usual route Dymags/Wilbers/Akra Headers/Power Commander but jeez I wouldn't want to commute on it.

In your situation what would I do if shaft drive was on the list?? Through gritted teeth i'd Buy an FJR1300 having to like it might be difficult but it would do the job and some.

Going off on a completely different subject we are in a KTM dealer sorting the GT out only ever been in a couple of times before half way through the conversation the guy says You ever had a 955 Tiger with SuperMoto wheels  :bug_eye he says I sold it to you 19 years ago at Windy Corner...... Oh yes and i've Still got it' not sure who was the most gobsmacked  :icon_biggrin:

Bostedsprocket

I am also thinking of getting an explorer, but would want the xc with spoked wheels they seem to hold there value better, with regards to the shaft I think they are pretty sound from a mechanical point of view but if you look at bikes on ebay with 40k plus miles on them with owners saying used daily very reliable etc, the paint finish is very hard done by all peeling cracking etc, easily tidied up with a weekends elbow grease I reckon, I used to think I would miss the 24ltr tank but my mate gets 220 miles out of his 20ltr 2018 explorer 1200, I get around 240 out my 955 but I wouldn't let 20 miles be a deal breaker on a 1200. 
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

HockleyBoy

Ended up pulling the trigger on a 2017 Tiger Sport with very low mileage and plenty of extras luggage, centre stand, heated grips etc.
Pick it up next week😀
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Was that the one close to you.

HockleyBoy

Pretty close, unusually its white. Checked with original dealer and they had it custom painted to order.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Timbox2

Quote from: HockleyBoy on November 03, 2019, 05:34:01 PM
Pretty close, unusually its white. Checked with original dealer and they had it custom painted to order.

Nice, personally think you made the right choice :thumbsup
2016 Tiger Sport

HockleyBoy

Thanks, it was a difficult choice. I really like the explorer but the sport is probably much better for what i do. Anyway price was right, mileage good and it has all the extras i was looking for so cant waitTuesday when i pick her up😀

Chris Canning

Quote from: HockleyBoy on November 03, 2019, 09:09:38 PM
but the sport is probably much better for what i do.

And there by hangs the rub it was a no brainier really  :icon_lol:

There has always been a gap between what you want as opposed to what you need  :icon_biggrin:

HockleyBoy

Picked her up this afternoon, 50 mile ride (not exactly direct :icon_biggrin: ) home.  Early days but I think Im going to like this bike!

Chris Canning

HockleyBoy

London_Phil

Just don't wear a POLITE vest....

Bostedsprocket

Looks ace mate im well jealous, enjoy it.
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Lee337

Yep, like the look of that.  :thumbsup
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Chris Canning

Oh blimey  :icon_lol: that's the way to buy e'm......