News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Crashed me f*%$&n bike!!!!

Started by Bostedsprocket, November 27, 2019, 10:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bostedsprocket

On my way home from work today slowing down approaching a round about, a woman in a corsa overtook me then pulled in front of me then braked really hard, I went into the back of her (quite slow) then fell over with the bike left hand side, the car then shot off and didn't stop, as I was picking up my bike the lorry driver behind me stopped to see if I was ok, we couldn't understand what she braked for as there was nothing on the island, either way luckily im ok and other than a broken left hand foot rest the bike is fine too......quite tough these tigers they crash well!!!! 
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

HockleyBoy

There are some nightmare drivers out there!

Good news you and the bike are ok, could have been much worse.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Tiger-G

When something like that happens I can imagine you're in such a state of shock you don't think about getting back on the bike, chasing the driver down, and smashing her f*cking car into a million pieces !!  :icon_evil:. I think I'd be on Facebook, etc, asking for dash cam footage in the area at the time, checking CCTV camera's, etc.

And I've been thinking of getting a GoPro for some time now and keep looking at prices, but the Hero 7 Black's are still £300. They came down to £250 during the Black Friday sale, but with it being winter and not riding the bike, I didn't get one. I'm deffo getting one once the riding season starts again.

Hope all is well mate, and it sounds like Tiger just needs a plaster   :thumbsup
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Bostedsprocket

Had the forks out my bike Thursday and checked the front wheel/yolks its still all straight, there is just the slightest scuff on my l/h bar end, Ive orderd my new foot rest should be with me Monday or Tuesday. I got off very light really.

Bostedsprocket

Quote from: HockleyBoy on November 28, 2019, 10:05:49 AM
There are some nightmare drivers out there!

Good news you and the bike are ok, could have been much worse.
How you finding the 1050 to live with?

Chris Canning

At least your in the right job for repairs....

Bostedsprocket

Quote from: Chris Canning on November 30, 2019, 06:07:43 PM
At least your in the right job for repairs....
That's right mate, I managed to get the footrest £22.00 + vat trade vs £71.76 at world of triumph.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Bostedsprocket on November 30, 2019, 05:54:44 PM
How you finding the 1050 to live with?

Very good so far, compares favorably with the Girly, only slight gripe is its not as comfortable. Less leg room and the seat isn't brilliant although I am getting used to it. Other than that I cant fault it so far.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Timbox2

Quote from: HockleyBoy on December 02, 2019, 11:08:19 AM
Very good so far, compares favorably with the Girly, only slight gripe is its not as comfortable. Less leg room and the seat isn't brilliant although I am getting used to it. Other than that I cant fault it so far.

Yep, I thought the same and although I got used to it fairly quickly I still would get the occasional leg cramp on long days. The old 955 was possibly one of the comfiest bikes ever and with that 25 ltr tank, A to B would give current stuff a run for its money
2016 Tiger Sport

HockleyBoy

Agree with you there, never had a problem with long days on the 955, riding position just right for me (or it could be I got used to it after 200,000 miles  :icon_lol:).

Keeping my original orange one and have a spare engine, will resurrect it one day when I have time!

Chris Canning

When folks walk into my garage and see 6 bikes always get the same question 'If you could only keep one' and it's easiest of answers and that's the 955 when coming back home from trips afar the record from ferry docking to home is held jointly with the 955 and the 1100s both can run 3 figures all day (even now) but what makes for a fast bike travelling is a big tank.

Don't get me wrong riding around on a 160hp+ is thrilling but A to B not a jot faster.

Anyone see the stand at this years NEC where Triumph were asking punters what they thought/wanted.