News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Major service step by step.

Started by VABird, December 09, 2019, 12:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

What's with the purple paint ?? You got a job lot of it you need to get rid of, or do you just like the Tiger silver / purple combination ??  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

VABird

Quote from: Tiger-G on December 16, 2019, 10:57:00 AM
What's with the purple paint ?? You got a job lot of it you need to get rid of, or do you just like the Tiger silver / purple combination ??  :icon_wink:

Poor lighting, I guess.
It's definitely blue!
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Timbox2

Does sort of remind me of my first Girly with the Blue theme, Orange and Blue though:
2016 Tiger Sport

VABird

So far:
F&R brake pads & fluid replacement.
New fork oil.
Valve check.
New tires F&R.
New battery.
Inspect & snug coolant hoses. (coolant replaced 4K miles ago)
New fuel filter. Check fuel hoses.
Repack and install grease fitting in lower shock mount.
Relocate main fuse so as to be accessible on the road.
Clean Clean, clean.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.

VABird

So, I didn't mean to leave this thread wide open, but with holidays, weather and other delays, it's actually been finished for a while now.

List of things done:
Changed both tires
Replaced battery
Relocate main fuse to be accessible/replaceable without surgery.
Valve clearance check
Clean/lube speedometer sending unit
Replace fork oil
Flush brake fluid
Replace fuel filter
Clean & oil (K&N) air filter
Clean, lube and install grease fitting on rear shock
Lube clutch & throttle cables
Replace all brake pads
Fix damaged pannier lock
Fix & repaint damaged panniers
Paint & powder coat assorted parts
Oil change
Top off coolant (replaced 4,000 miles ago)
Check all coolant clamps for tightness
Replace headlight bulbs with LED, add LED aux light.
Clean sprockets
Clean & adjust chain (replaced last summer)
Clean & gap spark plugs
Check electrical connectors & fuses for corrosion

NOW, she's ready for anything!

HockleyBoy

Nice work, almost like having a new bike  :icon_lol:
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Tiger-G

Good stuff.....Must admit, I was waiting for more pics, advice and descriptions  :icon_frown:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

VABird

Quote from: Tiger-G on January 29, 2020, 11:31:41 AM
Good stuff.....Must admit, I was waiting for more pics, advice and descriptions  :icon_frown:

There's a lot more sound advice available form others than from me!
I just intended to have a recommended list of things to do to keep the bike in prime shape for the upcoming riding season, and even with that, likely missed some things.

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

VABird

Quote from: Timbox2 on January 29, 2020, 08:03:14 PM
How many miles has she done?

About 600 since service.
46,000+ in all

Ossian

A couple of questions. Can you give some more detail on the main fuse relocation ? Also what LED bulbs did you find that work with the original reflectors ?

VABird

Quote from: Ossian on January 30, 2020, 12:33:24 AM
A couple of questions. Can you give some more detail on the main fuse relocation ? Also what LED bulbs did you find that work with the original reflectors ?

Look on "Reply #18". You'll see a picture of the battery box in its position, but raised 6 or 8 inches.
The cutout in the battery box is where the main fuse was located, but it's inaccessible without removing battery and box. A PITA on the side of the road! The cutout in the box does not affect the battery at all.
I did the cutout so the fuse could be kept in its waterproof holder, now mounted on the side of the fuel filter cover (same picture)

The bulbs were cheap (probably Chinese) ones from eBay, probably $15?? I don't remember the seller or brand as I've had them around for awhile. They have cooling fans on them which made it pretty tight to install in the housing with all the wires in there. You may not need those, but I thought since there was no airflow in there that it wouldn't hurt.

Ossian

atokad

A snapshot of the Excel file I use to maintain service records for all of my vehicles.  Here is a snapshot of the Tiger maintenance.