News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

(Free) things to simplify tracking maintenance

Started by VABird, December 19, 2019, 12:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VABird

1- Highlight the "Min" & "Max" marks on overflow tank with a Sharpie to make it easier to see.
2- Number bulbs & gauges to match the shop manual's schematic
3- Masking tape tags to keep track of when maintenance was done &
    Photocopy from shop manual fuse numbers in panel & tape it on cover.
    (Some of the hieroglyphics inside the cover are a bit vague)
4- OK, this one isn't free, but sooo worth the $20, I couldn't resist. GreaseNinja.com
    Makes chain lubrication way neater and easier! (No, I have no financial interest in this)
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Tiger-G

I wish I could be bothered to do all that, lol !!  :icon_wink:

I like the chain lube thing, but I've always lubed the chain with the bike on the centre stand, in first gear, after a long ride so the chain is hot and the lube "melts" into all the right places. And I always lube the inside of the chain so centrifugal force pushes it into the rollers while its spinning in first gear.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

I even take the header tank off fill it full of nuts and swill about comes out like a new pin,i'll Post a photo of my chain cleaning regime  :icon_lol:

Tiger-G

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 19, 2019, 08:00:01 PM
I even take the header tank off fill it full of nuts and swill about comes out like a new pin,i'll Post a photo of my chain cleaning regime  :icon_lol:

Good effort Chris  :icon_wink:. I always thought you weren't supposed to use a degreaser type fluid though, as it gets into the grease behind the orings and stops it doing its job ?? :^_^
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

What you see in the tray is WD40,buy 5 litres and use in a spray bottle.

Tiger-G

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 20, 2019, 04:03:09 PM
What you see in the tray is WD40,buy 5 litres and use in a spray bottle.

Yeah, that's what I mean, thought it would get into the grease inside the orings ??
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

No not in the slightest,the WD chain cleaner is interesting the way cleans all the crap off(quickly) but the normal WD spray works fine and has done for the last?? 18 years since I bought the bike.

Tiger-G

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 20, 2019, 08:01:31 PM
No not in the slightest,the WD chain cleaner is interesting the way cleans all the crap off(quickly) but the normal WD spray works fine and has done for the last?? 18 years since I bought the bike.

:thumbsup

I try and cover my chain with loads of chain lube over the winter months, stops water and salt getting to it and going rusty, then I use WD on the outside of the chain to clean it in spring. I always make sure it doesn't get anywhere near the o / x rings though  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.