News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

pipercross performance filter

Started by Bostedsprocket, December 27, 2019, 07:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bostedsprocket

Anybody tried these filters? there is currently a deal on ebay knocking em out at 35.00, im tempted to try one but having never heard of them im thinking should I just go down the k+n route?
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Timbox2

DNA filters would be my preference these days, but Pipercross are OK, think they are more known in the Car world but I do recall my Dyno man saying he liked Pipercross. They are foam material as opposed to cotton used by K&N and DNA
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Ditto the really important bit no matter which filter you go for is taking the blanking plate out of the airbox.

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 28, 2019, 10:58:44 AM
Ditto the really important bit no matter which filter you go for is taking the blanking plate out of the airbox.

Just dont try undoing the screws eh!
2016 Tiger Sport

Ossian

Quote from: Timbox2 on December 28, 2019, 11:12:59 AM
Just dont try undoing the screws eh!
Hah ! When the moulde-in bushes wring out of the plastic casing, they can be removed fairly easily with the contraption in a vise. Then just re-insert with epoxy and lubricate well with copper grease when re-assembling.
Oh, and DNA has been my choice, but Pipercross is a decent brand.