News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

GoPro advice ??

Started by Tiger-G, January 16, 2020, 11:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Hi All  :icon_biggrin:

I've just bought a GoPro Hero 7 Black action cam to help the Police crash investigation team work out how I came off Tiger and ended up a cabbage, or worse  :icon_confused:

Anyone else use one and can help me with settings, positioning, tips, etc ?? Think I'm going to put it on the side of my helmet.

Cheers  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

HockleyBoy

Side is probably a good place, I have mine on top (fine for touring) but it does catch the wind a bit at motorway speeds.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Lee337

While the side of your lid would give a riders eye view, should you find yourself sliding down the road, you've got this chunk of plastic sticking out that could potentially dig in applying a twisting effect to your neck.

Looking at an old lid I used to save my chin from being ground away, most of the damage was where a camera would have been.

I have my camera attached to the crashbars on the right side of the bike.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Timbox2

Mines a Drift Ghost, I also tend to wear on side of lid. Ive tried it on crashbars, rear rack, rear topbox etc, but lid is still my preferance.

Below are 2 videos Ive taken, first is short one mounted on Tiger Sport Crashbar, 2nd one is on Lid last October on Tiger Triple weekend following Ivor and Nick

2016 Tiger Sport

London_Phil

Is that Ivor in front of you in the second one?

Timbox2

Quote from: London_Phil on January 16, 2020, 08:40:18 PM
Is that Ivor in front of you in the second one?

Indeed it is, with Nick C up the front
2016 Tiger Sport

Tiger-G

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with a side helmet mount, looking at vid's on Youtube, it gives quite a dynamic view. But a chin mount should show what's behind in both mirrors just in case I get hit from behind ??

Any advice on best settings to use ?? There are so many variations on what works best on YouTube  :^_^ . Looks like the batteries don't last very long, so you need a few spares for a ride. Or use a USB lead from a powerbank, so the battery never runs out. I've got a 128GB memory card and think I'll be going for 1440 at 60fps to try and fit as much on the card as possible.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Timbox2

Quote from: Tiger-G on January 17, 2020, 11:20:36 AM
Yeah, I think I'm going to go with a side helmet mount, looking at vid's on Youtube, it gives quite a dynamic view. But a chin mount should show what's behind in both mirrors just in case I get hit from behind ??

Any advice on best settings to use ?? There are so many variations on what works best on YouTube  :^_^ . Looks like the batteries don't last very long, so you need a few spares for a ride. Or use a USB lead from a powerbank, so the battery never runs out. I've got a 128GB memory card and think I'll be going for 1440 at 60fps to try and fit as much on the card as possible.

I use mine on 1080 with Image Stabilisation and its fine mate, even 720 aint bad. Unless your outputting to an HD screen anything more is waste of memory and processing  time. My Ghost with the optional larger battery will run for 5 hours or so, doubt you'll match that with a Go Pro, its the main reason I went with Drift
2016 Tiger Sport

Geoff W

It was a Go Pro mounted on his ski helmet that did for Michael Schumacher what a life time of racing never could. I would mount it on the bike.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Tiger-G

Quote from: Geoff W on January 19, 2020, 01:54:36 PM
It was a Go Pro mounted on his ski helmet that did for Michael Schumacher what a life time of racing never could. I would mount it on the bike.

Hmmm.....I didn't know that  :icon_sad:. It feels so light on the side of the helmet, I think I'll risk it. The speeds we all travel at, I don't think it'll make much difference if we come off !!  :icon_sad:

Hey Geoff, you're up near me, another lad I know who has just got another 955 has asked if I fancy going out for a ride when the weather warms up....you're welcome to join us   :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Geoff W

Apparently the mount drove through his helmet and into his skull when he hit a rock at high speed.Nothing protects you from everything, Arai make some of the best helmets in the world , heartily endorsed by Ayrton Senna and Joey Dunlop.
Yes up for a ride when the weather improves I work part time these days so give me a shout.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Tiger-G

Well.....I took it out for a test ride yesterday, just a quick 30 miler. And the battery ran out after 25 miles and an hour of use, so I'll have to look at getting a powerbank and running it off that. And the wind noise was horrendous. Couldn't hear the bike, just wind, even at low speeds. So I'll have to buy a windslayer camera cover. And (there's lots of "and's" isn't there ? :icon_confused:) when I downloaded the footage to edit it, it didn't work properly, it was jumpy. I'm running Windows 7 on a fast enough computer but GoPro editing suite only works on Windows 10. And Windows Movie Maker doesn't work well with GoPro footage apparently !!

Great investment Graeme.....you've done well there  :BangHead
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Geoff W

Remember when polaroids seemed remarkable? Life was so much simpler, just put it under your armpit for a minute.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.