News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Blown Headlight

Started by pauljones1227, July 26, 2005, 09:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljones1227

...thank goodness I got both working when I bought the bike.

2 questions, can I get a replacement bulb in somewhere like Halfords or do I have to go to a bike shop ?

and how easy is it to replace the bulb, ie taking the fairing off etc

any info appreciated

ArizonaKid

Answering your question would be easier if we knew what year Tiger you have. If it's a more recent model (2001 or later) then a standard H4 bulb will work. They are available just about anywhere, even at auto supply stores, but certainly at any bike shop.  You have to remove the fairing (a 5 minute job) and probably the headlight carrier assembly (three fasteners - a two minute job). Once that is done, replacement of the bulbs is a snap (literally).  The whole thing should take you about 30 minutes from start to finish. Have fun.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

NortonCharlie

I am assuming you have an 04 or later seeing you had to add the relay. Definately pull the headlight carrier like AK said 3 bolts.  When you pick up the bulb get some Dielectric grease and coat the contacts well before assembly.  And in case you don't know, don't fingerprint the bulb.  If you do clean it up with rubbing alcahol  before lighting it up.

!st time I pulled the headlight carrier on mine (01) one of the nuts fell out of the carrier.  I ended up using a soldering gun to remelt the platic to hold the nut in place.  When you look at it you will see what I am talking about.

Simple job but the factory tool kit is short the 6mm allen wrench needed to pull the fairing
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando