News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel economy (I never thought it would come to this)

Started by Feisty, March 11, 2020, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madruss

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on April 21, 2020, 03:04:50 PMSide note: my steamer when I got was in bad shape: it felt like a money pit and it was always broke down in pieces in the garage. It took two years to get it up (steady gents, steady). What I learned was invaluable.
I fixed it all myself with directions from someone here. Good luck.

I don't feel as bad now, taking nearly 2 years to re instate my steamer to a road going state  :thumbsup
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Aeschere

Currently I am riding around 1 liter on 12 KM. That is about 8.3L:100KM. I will get around 275KM out of a full tank. With the current prices, a full tank will set me down around €35

I have synced the carbs, checked and replaced the valves and the spark plugs look fine. I have just accepted that I am riding an older bike and have given up trying to find a solution. Unless someone might think of something that could be an easy fix :)

Sin_Tiger

I'm assuming you are running Mikunis?

That is on the high side, I would expect 6.3 - 5.6 litres / 100 km.

Check the choke rack is going all the way back (slack cable) and all three tangs on choke enrichment valves are properly engaged. I have seen it where one is not locked into the sliding rack and stays slightly open.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Aeschere

Hello Sin,

Thanks for that suggestion and this sounds like it might be the case. At least, it could also explain why the revs in Neutral are mostly around 1050 but sometimes are above 2000, for example, when I got home yesterday, the bike idled at 2500 rpm.

Do you have any information on what to look out for? Photos, manuals etc?