News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ohhh Shiny! OEM Expedition Panniers

Started by JoeDirt, April 19, 2020, 10:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeDirt

Let the fark'ling commence! I got a nice deal on some new display side cases off eBay.

• 2013 Tiger Explorer XC (added after LondonPhil asked)
  • A9500600 Expedition Panniers
  • A9508193 Expedition Mount

They say that if you want a newer Explorer... just buy the newer accessories.

London_Phil

Niiice.. What year?

JoeDirt

Quote from: London_Phil on April 19, 2020, 11:10:56 PM
Niiice.. What year?

2013... first year for matte green and steel spokes.
The OEM Expedition Panniers were introduced in 2016. They are almost the same as the Givi Outback Panniers but with "Triumph" branding and different mount.

London_Phil

One thing to check on those is the rear suspension linkage/shock mounts, as they can seize, and shear bolts.
If they are like the 800, there are no greasing points, so they need to be stripped and checked.
We saw one in Ireland during our trip that was in a shop for repair with this issue, and we were told its not uncommon.
Lot of bike.

JoeDirt

Quote from: London_Phil on April 20, 2020, 09:13:07 AM
One thing to check on those is the rear suspension linkage/shock mounts, as they can seize, and shear bolts.
If they are like the 800, there are no greasing points, so they need to be stripped and checked.
We saw one in Ireland during our trip that was in a shop for repair with this issue, and we were told its not uncommon.
Lot of bike.

You have me thinking... how much of a load he was carrying and the road conditions. Was he riding off road and how many "chuck holes"? :rrr