News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to take off fork tubes

Started by Ron in Buffalo, April 20, 2020, 07:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron in Buffalo

I have a 1999 tiger with no center stand. How do I raise the front and steady the bike while I take off the fork tubes.

Tiger-G

Hi  :icon_biggrin:,

Can you hang the handlebars / top yolk off a beam in the garage ?? If so, that might be the way to go ??

If not, it's going to be a case finding a jacking point on the engine itself that's not going to do any damage to the engine casing, exhaust, etc. I'd probably find a way to strap the front end so it can't move either way. And a strap from the carrier rack at the back to the floor stops the front end dipping.

Or you could buy a cheap second hand centre stand.....they are well worth having, makes everything so much easier when working on the bike  :icon_wink:

Good luck mate, let us know how you finally manage to do it   :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.