News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

With Mustangs Passing. Can we protect the Tiger Triple site?

Started by London_Phil, May 24, 2020, 10:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

HI All

As you will see, we are waking up to the news that Mustang has died, which is a sad day in sad times.

We all owe him a dept of gratitude for making this site what it is, and providing a forum that not only helped us keep our bikes on the road, but also created a genuine, Cross continent meeting place.
I personally met another member on here, and ended up travelling to the USA from the UK to meet a new friend and family, and had one of the best holidays my wife and I ever had, and came away with a new friendship.
All due to this Forum.

I don't know the technicalities of the site, but I would like to see it continue on, both as a repository of information and help, but also as a Thank you to Mustang, who's contribution was invaluable, but also as a place to chat, even if its less busy than it was.

Do any of the Admins have any suggestions?

Tiger-G

Sad news indeed   :icon_sad:

It would be a shame to see this site go, as there is so much valuable and unique information contained within it for Tiger owners. No doubt there will be a cost to running the site, and I have no idea how that cost is covered, but hopefully it will remain active for years to come.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

Yep it's been good too me over the years despite the blip some time back and change of ownership/Running of the board who ever and how many were involved.

atokad

Oh no! Shocking news. I am not sure I could keep the bike as long as I intend to if I lost this website/forum to rely on.  I love my bike and this has been my "go to" resource.  I was getting to the point of thinking I should get a Tune ECU to continue my upkeep of the bike with out having to rely on the lousy dealers near me.

I will keep an eye on this and would like to see it continue.  Not sure what I could do to help, I'm short on time and knowledge to run a site such as this.

RIP Mustang :bowdown

Nick Calne

Sadly, we will need to ask Abruzzi (the site owner) to appoint new admins / moderators.

I think it will be hard to find people to do this as you need the skills, the time, the tiger knowledge and the inclination.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

London_Phil

Mustang was so much part of this Forum, I just assumed he owned it!
Apologies to Abruzzi...

Sidk

If hosting is required i have plenty of space on my VPS server that i can offer free of charge for the hosting of the site.

Lee337

This is sad news. I hope the forum can continue. As has been said, there is a vast wealth of knowledge stored here as well as the pool of knowledge from contributors.

RIP Mustang, my thoughts go to all family & friends.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Geoff W

I am very saddened to hear of Mustang's passing. His depth of knowledge on Steamers was unrivalled. A knowledge built up over years of hard experience, which he was happy to pass on to mechanical neonates such as myself, saving me much time and effort as well as expense.
Thank you Mustang, keep riding wherever you are.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sidk on May 26, 2020, 09:51:25 AM
If hosting is required i have plenty of space on my VPS server that i can offer free of charge for the hosting of the site.

That's an amazing offer if it needs to move. I dont knowing it does though. I msg'd abruzzi about a week ago. No response yet.

PeteH

Such sad news. Don't get on here as much as I used to but still point knowledge seekers here.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

abruzzi

sorry for not dropping by sooner.  I'm open to ideas on where to go next.  I've been pretty absentee for the last 10 years on the site.  Really whats needed is moderator volunteers.  Leaving the site on my server or transferring to someone else is an option but it doesn't solve the key issue which is someone (or multiple someones) to take over the moderation duties.

There are currently two members that are members of the "Global Moderators" group:

Sin_Tiger
ssevy

I don't know if they're currently active users, and want that responsibility, but if other's want to help, please let me know.

Nick Calne

Sevvy is still active, Sin not any more. He still has a couple of steamers though!

Bixxer Bob

Hi Abruzzi, I sent you a private message a while back. If the forum is staying up I'm happy to take on running it for a bit and see how it goes. There's too much pooled knowledge here to just walk away.

I can't spend, as much time on it as Mustang, but I'll give it a go.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...