News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

With Mustangs Passing. Can we protect the Tiger Triple site?

Started by London_Phil, May 24, 2020, 10:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

ssevy

Hi all,
Since I discovered and posted Ken's passing, I have had difficulty getting logged on, etc., but have kept checking the Steamer thread when I could log on.
I never thought to look here under General Discussion, so I missed this entire conversation until I received a message from Nick just now. I am happy to offer whatever help that I can to keep this site alive and well.
While it's true that Mustang made me a moderator, he only told me that I would be able to move one of my posts more easily, and really nothing more. Honestly, I have no idea what else I am supposed to do as a moderator?
I am retired, and would be happy to dedicate more time here if it is needed, but I know jackshit about website maintenance, etc., (but am willing to learn if someone wants to show me).
I also have done most of my own work on my two Triumphs, one a '99 Legend and the other my '95 Tiger, and if you have read any of my posts, you'll see my progression of asking questions, and then having more experience, answering questions too. Basically, that's the limit of my Triumph experience, and I know nothing of newer Tigers, except I wish I could afford one someday.
So...if you need me to do more, please let me know just what it is, and I may be asking for some help from those of you who are knowledgeable about the website maintenance stuff.
By the way, I did find a phone number for Ken's wife, and I did leave a message expressing my condolences, and tried to convey to her what his loss would mean to all of us. I did not hear back from her, but she has probably been dealing with lots of stuff, and maybe the phone number I found was not correct? Ken's phone was no longer active, so I did the best that I could.
I also checked to see if she was trying to sell any of their bikes, as I thought I could post them here on the site too, but I did not see any of them come up for sale when I last checked. If I do hear from his family, I will share anything they would like to share with all of you.
Thanks to Abruzzi for getting the site back up and running better!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geoff W

It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

mat-tiger1

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

ghulst

Hi guys,

I have been talking to abruzzi and we are in the process of moving the forum over to my servers. I will need some help from you guys on moderating the forums, but we can work that out in the near future.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Chris Canning

Bixxer Bob

Good Man!!!!

I've been keeping an eye on the shop since Mustang's passing and am happy to continue.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ghulst

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 04, 2021, 03:46:06 PM
Good Man!!!!

I've been keeping an eye on the shop since Mustang's passing and am happy to continue.

That would be fantastic Bob! Thanks!

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Gotta say logging in requires about 20 attempts but hey ho.

fishnbiker

Bixxer Bob, it looks like you pick up the "HERO OF THE DAY" award.

Thank you so much!
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Sin_Tiger

I got wind of the forum reboot news via Bixxer / Nick and thought it worth a try as I'd had trouble a long time back getting logged on for so long I eventually just let it go.

Well done those who have managed to not drop the ball and putting something back into what has been a great resource and source of support for all of us for so many years  :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

It looks like I'm still registered as a Mod for the Steamer section at least, it wasn't exactly hard work before so I can't shirk that at the very least, if I need to put a bit more work in so be it "Aw Mum do I have too  :m"

Nice to be back  :augie don't all rush at once  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst