News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spotted Roulette Green 955 (Newport, Wales)

Started by Timbox2, July 31, 2020, 08:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

As the forum is behaving though might as well get a post or two in.

Just followed a spoke wheel Tidy looking Green 955 up towards Risca from Motorway, full 3 piece colour coded luggage, Getting a rare sight if not as rare as a Steamer
2016 Tiger Sport

Lee337

Found this, but I'm not certain how accurate it is. It suggests 9 2005 bikes on the road & 4 SORN (one of which is mine) and 7 2006 bikes on the road (one of them mine) and 3 SORN.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/triumph_tiger#!manufacture
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Bostedsprocket

A few weeks ago i went out for a sunday ride with my mates, and while we were parked up talking bikes a guy pulled up on a near mint roulette green 955,  it was the first time i had seen another one out on the road, seen a few on ebay but not out being used, as you say getting rare.
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Lee337

I seem to meet more people who used to have one than have one now. I think in the two years I've owned mine, I've only seen one other on the road & that's only because I was helping the owner with an ECU issue.

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Chris Canning

Well I have to say mine is up the back of the garage,but as it has never seen a winters day in its life,currently ready to go at the drop of a hat apart from the fact their are 6 other bikes in the garage,and woo hoo i've Had it 20 years next April  :icon_eek:

Ossian

Strange that in the "How many left" index, the Tiger 955i is not listed.

Timbox2

Quote from: Ossian on August 14, 2020, 11:37:33 PM
Strange that in the "How many left" index, the Tiger 955i is not listed.

They are all banded together under Tiger, for 2001 to 2005 and most of 2006 the 955 was the only Tiger
2016 Tiger Sport

Avick71

Hello here,
I have a 2001 with 113000km, up and running in România.

ghulst

2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Tallbloke

1999 models are common as muck it seems. 94 licensed, 132 SORNed.
Here's mine, which has 72k miles on it.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Tallbloke on December 06, 2022, 03:11:02 PMcommon as muck

:nono Entertaining transport for refined people of discerning taste  ;)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tallbloke

Ah yes, of course. I was being a bit Yorkshire there, (sorry).  :augie

I've been invited out on a few runs with the Airedale Girder Fork Club.

"When are you going to get a classic Rog?" they ask me.

"I couldn't afford an old bike, so I had to buy a newer one" I tell them.