News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955 prices creeping up????

Started by Bostedsprocket, August 10, 2020, 09:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bostedsprocket

Has anyone else noticed on ebay, gumtree, shpock etc the prices are going up on the old girly? i know its summer and all that but this time last year there were plenty sub 2k bikes in reasonable condition to be had, have a look now currently over a dozen on ebay all nudging 3k plus and not exactly low mileage examples, i reckon with adventure bikes being more popular than ever at the moment they are appealing to those that just want to get off a sports bike and try it without spending brand new bike money??? or the 955 is at an age thats making them interesting again???
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

HockleyBoy

Time to clean up my old one and put the replacement engine in then! :icon_lol:
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Lee337

May be time to MOT the blue one & sell it now all the work's been done to get it ready.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Lee337

Yep, all apart from the smoky engine, but I have a 20,000 mile spare with the cylinder head missing that'll go with it.

To be fair, cleaning the commuter crud & rebuilding the brakes took more time than anything else. :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

HockleyBoy

Those jobs always take ages, lost count of the number of times I have rebuilt calipers. The Tigers seem to get particularly bad if you use the bike all winter. I have a whole shelf of old 955 calipers in the garage where I didn't have time to rebuild so just replaced!