News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2021 Survivors Ride

Started by Nick Calne, January 06, 2021, 06:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Well last years trip planning ended well didn't it?

I imagine this year will be little better, vaccine or not, but I still want to undertake a couple of group rides.

Working on the basis of not getting out of lockdown type restriction until May, probably not being able to go abroad, where do you fancy?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Part 1.
I'm looking at the OS now to see how many miles I can do on as many different roads in the five mile legal radius from my hoose  :icon_study:

Part 2.
Try to figure out what bits I need to put just ONE bike back together  :rfl
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

I'm still lurking around here, although I'm not really supposed to be as I've now sold my steamer.  Justification - I do have several Triumph T-shirts, a wallet and various pictures and bits... Oh, and my winter jacket  :bad  Good to hear from the crew again, hope you're all keeping well.  👍😁
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

London_Phil

We could do a borders challenge... Just ride to the nearest border and see who gets turned back....but realistically, we probably need to look at a number of area runs, to give everyone who cant do 400 miles a day a chance to get together?

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 06, 2021, 09:30:20 PM

Part 2.
Try to figure out what bits I need to put just ONE bike back together  :rfl

Just think of it as a big jigsaw for engineers....

Nick Calne

Phil, I'll be happy to get the bike out of garage in any way we can this year.  There is only so much cleaning of boots etc one can do!

Geoff W

My daughter lives in Inverness, I went to stay with her in September, didn't have to dodge patrols of zealous polis on the border, I just avoided the A1. Incidentally I rode up on a BMW 1150 R I acquired from a friend It vibrated so much the headlight fell off, that bike should be listed in an Ann Summers catalogue.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

ghulst

Quote from: London_Phil on January 07, 2021, 08:45:39 PM
We could do a borders challenge... Just ride to the nearest border and see who gets turned back....
Not to trigger anything, but post-Brexit, that will undoubtedly be me.  :bad
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Nick Calne

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 06, 2021, 06:21:55 PM
Well last years trip planning ended well didn't it?

I imagine this year will be little better, vaccine or not, but I still want to undertake a couple of group rides.

Working on the basis of not getting out of lockdown type restriction until May, probably not being able to go abroad, where do you fancy?

Count me in bud! (Covid restrictions permitting!) 🙄😊👍
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Chris Canning

I admire your optimism cuz my gut feeling says later in the year till we are free or even close.

Nick Calne

May enough people will have some immunity, have been vaccinated and the weather brought about a decline in the virsues spread sufficent for release of people into the wild. (or died?!?!) But you could be right, in which case we need to plan our dreams and execute them like a military plan in whatever window we have, or we won't be going anywhere at all.  5 mile circuit of where we all live in September before we get locked down again?  :m

Lee337

I've already done my 5 mile circuit, ridden it, cycled it, walked it, got bored with it.

The closest shop is 3 miles away & I've even used Tigger to go shopping.

Role on when we can get out a little further, although as has been said it's unlikely to be any time soon.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 07, 2021, 10:58:48 PM
There is only so much cleaning of boots etc one can do!

That's not on the service schedule and I can't take them apart so they get left until the soles fall off.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint