News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2021 Survivors Ride

Started by Nick Calne, January 06, 2021, 06:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 18, 2021, 12:00:00 AM
It's probably only something you'd do as part of a Grand Tour, you have to use the overnight vehicle ferry from Aberdeen, which isn't as pricey as you might think and if you're going to the Classic Show, the organisers will get you a pre arranged discount with Nothlink who operate the ferries.

Orkney is a bit more accessible, with the shortest sailing from Scrabster, interesting in many ways but not memorable for the riding.

The Outer Hebridies are in a category all of their own and quite accessible with several options.

Gav & chums could then dine out for years on tales of their British Isles extreme ends rides, LE JOG is just so last century  :icon_wink:

I have been up that way a few times, but always on a grey hunk of steel, plodding around at 5 knots pretending to search for russian submarines. :sleepy1
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Geoff W

I live about half way between IOW and Inverness/Aberdeen. You are all welcome to an overnight stop, with luck the village pub will re-open by then.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: GavD on January 18, 2021, 07:41:11 PM
I have been up that way a few times, but always on a grey hunk of steel, plodding around at 5 knots pretending to search for russian submarines. :sleepy1

That's life in a blue Suit for you  ;)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Thinking of something like this for later this year (all being well!  :icon_rolleyes:) Has anyone used them before?  :icon_scratch:

https://www.mcitours.com/S02/2/France-Pyrenees.html
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on January 25, 2021, 05:46:56 PM
Thinking of something like this for later this year (all being well!  :icon_rolleyes:) Has anyone used them before?  :icon_scratch:

https://www.mcitours.com/S02/2/France-Pyrenees.html

Why bother? It's so easy to plan it all yourself in that area. I mean, just look at all the passes that the Tour de France uses for the French side. Peyresorde, Tourmalet, D'aspin etc. Then just hop over on one of the many passes into Spain for some sunshine. I can point you towards some dirt as well if needed/wanted. Done it all around there.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

I agree. A cabin on one of the Yello sites near where you want to be and a good road map for deciding the best roads is all you need. 
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

And just remember that France closes at 8pm and Spain doesn't get going until 9pm. :^_^

Nick Calne

I legitimised a lockdown busting ride this weekend by making sure I did some essential shopping.  Some food and of course valentines day is nearly here and it is essential I don't get killed for forgetting, so a card etc too.

10 degrees and sunny.

My god it was good.  :rrr
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

blacktiger

10, TEN degrees? Over here I have to move the decimal point to make 0.10 degrees.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 07, 2021, 07:41:12 PM
I legitimised a lockdown busting ride this weekend by making sure I did some essential shopping. 10 degrees and sunny. My god it was good.  :rrr

Where did you go for the groceries, South of France  :*
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

As the Mini is looking like this, the Tiger is not going anywhere for now. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Nick Calne

Did you guys not have a warm Saturday then? It was bloody cold today.

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 07, 2021, 08:37:05 PM
Where did you go for the groceries, South of France  :*

I should have, perhaps delivery some groceries to John Stenhouse and Masayo!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 07, 2021, 11:05:06 PM
I should have, perhaps delivery some groceries to John Stenhouse and Masayo!

:icon_scratch: I wonder how much tent space he has  ;)

blacktiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 06, 2021, 06:21:55 PM
Well last years trip planning ended well didn't it?

I imagine this year will be little better, vaccine or not, but I still want to undertake a couple of group rides.

Working on the basis of not getting out of lockdown type restriction until May, probably not being able to go abroad, where do you fancy?

So back to original question. I recently saw that the Isle of Man had reopened it Pubs etc. Their recovery is way ahead of ours on the mainland. So what about heading there for our summer TT (TigerTriple) trip?
I believe the actual TT races have already been cancelled. So it should be nice and free of traffic for us at any time of year. There's even 200 miles of dirt trails to legally ride over there.