News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2021 Survivors Ride

Started by Nick Calne, January 06, 2021, 06:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Interesting suggestion! Always good when you have to take a ferry and it has got to be the cheapest time ever to go. I'll ask the Wiltshire Tigers for their thoughts.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Ferry from Liverpool?

If so, is it a meet up in North Wales, then hop over?

blacktiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 11, 2021, 08:44:02 PM
Ferry from Liverpool?

If so, is it a meet up in North Wales, then hop over?

Or Heysham.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Tell Stan Pinnock that we're not doing it next week. He's right, the borders are closed......at the moment. But come summer..........things are bound to open up. And, with the IOM being a British dependency, they could well let us in before anyone else does.

Chris Canning

With several friends who live over....yep great for the natives, they have all been recently let out from a very severe lockdown, for us outsiders....currently and for the future...and last year....off the ferry and straight into a hotel for 10 days at your expense, any attempt to beat the system....straight to jail.

blacktiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 12, 2021, 11:11:58 AM
With several friends who live over....yep great for the natives, they have all been recently let out from a very severe lockdown, for us outsiders....currently and for the future...and last year....off the ferry and straight into a hotel for 10 days at your expense, any attempt to beat the system....straight to jail.

Currently...............................My proposal wasn't for currently. Nor next month. I'm hopeful that once most of the population has had a covid jab, we'll be allowed out to travel around the UK. So July, August or September. We all need to be hopeful and have something to look forward to.

Chris Canning

If it wasn't for friends who live there, I'd have the same rosy view of the IoM, but believe me the government is right of Attila The Hun.

As for us all getting out of jail....have a mate who's son and daughter in law work at a university well they did, they been working at home since early last year, they've been informed that it's highly unlikely they'll be back this side of September, which really is an insight into the reality that the government hasn't got the balls to tell the populace.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: blacktiger on February 11, 2021, 06:11:26 PM
So back to original question. I recently saw that the Isle of Man had reopened it Pubs etc. Their recovery is way ahead of ours on the mainland. So what about heading there for our summer TT (TigerTriple) trip?
I believe the actual TT races have already been cancelled. So it should be nice and free of traffic for us at any time of year. There's even 200 miles of dirt trails to legally ride over there.

There's a reason they're back in the pubs, that's because there's no tourists on the island, only very strictly controlled entry, they put around 50 people in jail for breaking local rules. We have fiends on the Island, they didn't even blink, just got on with it. If you think about it, we're on the island of the UK and perhaps that's what we should have done a lot sooner.

That suggestion has merit though, some nice roads away from the "circuit", plenty of accommodation and camping, downside is the ferry is quite expensive. I wonder how busy the ferries will be without the team support crews?

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

That's the irony in all of this Covid thing, the IoM got their Scht together pretty dam quick it's only take the rest of the UK 12 months to have the same light bulb moment of keeping people out....

What i'd Forgotten....if residents had been off the IoM they were allowed to go home to self isolate and were allowed out an hour a day for fresh air,and someone came round to check...

Nick Calne

I think a symptom of the covid crisis might be failing to envisage the future and therefore comprehend the future tense.  People seem to think it'll be like this forever and lose the ability to correctly parse a simply message.

I think it is a magnificent suggestion to go to the Isle of Man and that maybe as far afield as we can all reasonably hope to travel.  It might be cool to do what we did
when we went to Ireland and give everyone a chance to meet up on the evening before the ferry.  Obviously we can't do that in Liverpool as we'll only have one bike between us to take to the Isle of Man.

Roll on Summer!

Chris Canning

Baring mind this coved jab is predominantly to stop you dying and not stop you catching it and being ill, I think we are months away from any kind of jolly, with luck maybe we can go back to a day out jolly as per mid last year.

Roll on summer...I agree 2022.

Nick Calne

It may or may not be sorted by then. We'll see, but as I see it we need to ready to roll when presented with an opportunity to do so.

One thing is for certain life is for living and it is passing us by.

mat-tiger1

Count me in for anything that gets me outdoors on the bike & hopefully in a pub afterwards talking sh*# with you guys! :thumbsup :wheel
(Hopefully by then I'll be on a new 900RP!)  :icon_cool: ;)
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.