News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Checking in

Started by Lee337, September 13, 2023, 12:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Hi all, just checking in. it seems that there's not been much activity of late. I know some of you will probably be out enjoying the summer (in the northern hemisphere) and probably gearing up elsewhere.

I've been quiet of late with the project that is Daysie Daytona, still haven't sold Tallulah Tiger but have been dividing my riding time between Tabitha Trophy & Talyn J (my Tiger 800 XC). I've also added to my big cat collection, no, not another Tiger, I've got rid of my ageing Volvo & replaced it with a Jaguar. With my recent health issues, I needed something to cheer me up  :hat10

Maybe I can find a bike or car called Leopard or Lion, or Cheetah... oh wait a minute, Ford have a Puma, Nah, Just seen a pic of one of them, don't fancy them.  :nono

I Just thought I'd stick my head around the door to see how everyone is doing.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

London_Phil

All good here Lee.
Just had the XC MOT'd today, so I have no excuse to joining Nick and Ivor in Scotland next month.
We had to get rid of my daughter Mk1 Fabia VrS due to ULEZ, and she now has a Honda CRZ.
Done very little riding since ABR festival, just too busy with other stuff.
Maybe you can lend Stan a bike, after his Pan American threw a valve recently.....

Lee337

What did he expect, buying a Pan American...  :*&*
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

London_Phil

I like the bike, being an HD Fan, and owner, but when we met up very soon after he got it, it (he) stalled at a junction, and it went into limp mode, which was disconcerting.
Given how often I stall my Tiger, I decided not to buy one...lol...

Nick Calne

Lee - All the best people ride a tiger and drive a jaguar... :><
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

London_Phil

Quote from: Nick Calne on September 15, 2023, 11:41:56 AMLee - All the best people ride a tiger and drive a jaguar... :><
Hmmm.....

Nick Calne

And we comply with ULEZ Phil. :nod
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Madruss

Well just came across this topic, so here goes.
2024 is here :occasion14
I'll suppose one of our workers, Benny will want to go home to Denmark for the coronation of King Fred & our Aussie Princess Mary.
The Gold Coast, holiday destination in SE Qld is copping another hammering with summer storms along with power outages for the last week. Glad we stayed home
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Madruss

Spotted this for sale the other day
Looks a bit altered, maybe a 'wreck rebirth"
Ol mate doesn't realise the "covid tax" has well & truly evaporated like H2o in the Te'ne're'
Regards Russ

Madruss

Another point I thought of, how much does your registration cost for bikes in your part of the world?
To put my tiger on the road here in Qld Oz it was around $460 for 6 months but $120 of which is stamp duty (shouldn't exist, as we're double taxed with GST) & a new # plate of $30.

Some Estonians I work with tell me, for a car it's E400 per 1/4  :icon_frown:  :Topes 
Regards Russ

Lee337

Taxed Talyn J today before setting off for a 140 mile round trip to the coast. £110 for the year. Thi k the insurance is around £260 but that's for 3 bikes.

A happy new year to one & all. :occasion14

93TigerBill-2016

Quote from: Madruss on December 31, 2023, 10:26:44 PMSpotted this for sale the other day
Looks a bit altered, maybe a 'wreck rebirth"
Ol mate doesn't realise the "covid tax" has well & truly evaporated like H2o in the Te'ne're'
Hi Russ, the Red Tiger is a little suspect: Who would REMOVE a front Brake Disc
??
'93 Triumph Tiger, Caspian Blue, Blue Engine Cases
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

Madruss

Quote from: 93TigerBill-2016 on January 02, 2024, 06:17:56 AMHi Russ, the Red Tiger is a little suspect: Who would REMOVE a front Brake Disc??
Yes, half the dash is gone as well & other bits. $3500 would be more realistic  :bug_eye
Regards Russ