News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Outages

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 12, 2021, 09:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Guys,

Ghulst made it clear earlier that there would be outages while he transfers the forum to his servers. The outages are to protect the integrity of the data.  It'll all settle down in a few days, he's working his cobs off to help us. :eusa_clap   :icon_salut:

Thank you for your patience (read: calm the f**k down  :hat10)

BB
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ghulst

Thanks Bob!

Just to explain to everyone, it is as if you are moving house. We've done the first part where we re-opened the old house, to make sure we knew what we needed to move. (That was the part when the forum came back and you could also post again.)
After we knew what to move, we did a test install on the new server, as if you temporarily put cardboard mockups of your furniture in your new house. We then had to move some of that cardboard furniture around and change some sizes etc. Just so we knew it would all fit.
Today we did the final move, moving everything to the new house. And then you need to send a mail forwarding card to the post office so that the mail from your old house gets to your new address. That just takes a bit of time before it is known to all of the people who send you mail from all around the world. This means, that some of you will see the maintenance mode message for longer than others.

But when you can read this message, you are on the new server and we're back!

(I hope that clarifies it for everyone who does not care about servers and internet stuff. ;) )
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Bixxer Bob

Excellent mate!  Well done! 

Thankyou for updating the front page too  :eusa_clap
BB
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ghulst

You are very welcome. :)

Nick Calne

Well done mate.  Top job! :>< :>< :>< :>< :>< :>< :>< :>< :>< :>< :>< :>< :occasion14
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ghulst

Chris Canning

Lee337

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

93TigerBill-2016

Many thanks Ghulst.
As a 'hands-on' IT practitioner on mid- and mainframe computer systems starting in 1968, I can appreciate the efforts involved in transferring and ensuring the integrity of the 'site, and the efforts thus required.
Again, thanks for 'rescuing' the priceless resource which is this website & forum.
'93 Triumph Tiger, Caspian Blue, Blue Engine Cases
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

ghulst

You are all welcome. :) I was looking something up myself and missed the site. I no longer own a steamer, but I still have a Tiger. Albeit an '12 800 XC. I still love that three cylinder. And someone I know might be buying a steamer, so the resource needed to be saved. ;) And the community, as I have always liked being a member here.

Geoff W

Many thanks for all your work, well done.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

mat-tiger1

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

Well done Sir  :notworthy

Cardboard furniture is a new one on me and I thought the Cantonese were strange for buying models paper cars and mobile phones to burn as offerings to the ancestors  :m
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint