News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just what is the the best....

Started by Nick Calne, January 17, 2021, 11:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

The high front guard didn't quite work for me, but I loved the paint scheme

Btw, he gave me an engine cover that someone was supposed to collect from me but never did.  It's still here.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

GavD

Quote from: ghulst on January 19, 2021, 04:48:02 PM
But honestly, I just don't like those small wheels... Almost like it is a training Tiger... Training wheels and all that. ;)

It sorts the handling out Arne. I would never consider taking it off road anyway, so when my wheels started to rot out I converted mine.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

ghulst

I understand the handling, but I still don't like the look of them. ;) I just love that 21" front wheel.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

badrooster

Geoff W

A few years ago on the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam I saw a German plate BMW which had been very well customised into a sort of luxury rat bike with grey/white urban camouflage paint job. I thought that would look great on a Steamer. I just don't have the skills to do it.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

ssevy

"Do these wheels make my tank seem fat?"

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

ghulst

2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fishnbiker

My version of the high fender, with 21" wheel. Over 50% of my Tiger riding has been off paved roads so I needed more clearance for mud build up & installing a fork brace. I made up a 2 in 1 set up that has been great for some 11 years so far. This went along with a Girly 3 into 1 header covered by a homemade gravel pan, waste gasses fed into a lightweight 2Kg GSXR Titanium can.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

ssevy

Quote from: fishnbiker on February 02, 2021, 10:56:04 PM
My version of the high fender, with 21" wheel. Over 50% of my Tiger riding has been off paved roads so I needed more clearance for mud build up & installing a fork brace. I made up a 2 in 1 set up that has been great for some 11 years so far. This went along with a Girly 3 into 1 header covered by a homemade gravel pan, waste gasses fed into a lightweight 2Kg GSXR Titanium can.

Your sidestand's thought bubble: "There is packing light, and then there is pachyderm!"

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

I think that manifold on Clive's "Tiger" was a TTS item, allowed for use in the Speed Triple Challenge, rather than a Girly manifold. If you look closely at where the 2-1 join is very far back under the gearbox where as the Girly item was at the front end of the crankcase.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fishnbiker

Quote from: ssevy on February 03, 2021, 02:02:36 AM
Your sidestand's thought bubble: "There is packing light, and then there is pachyderm!"

You might add to that besides full camping gear, there is fishing gear & tackle added in. Full cooking gear, 7 day's food, & a few beverages. We dropped most of this gear at our basecamp after an easy ride in on good gravel for about 150km. Also carrying an extra 10L of fuel each for this event of fishing the streams & lakes on Northern Vancouver Island. So lucky to have this in my backyard.

Photos here; https://fishnbiker.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-Travel/2012-Northern-Vancouver-Island/

Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

ssevy

I was just teasing, as we must be kindred spirits ;)

Sin_Tiger

:bug_eye if ever a  man needed a trailer project  :nod

The Mosko Moto stuff is quality but so stiff until it's been worked a bit.