Other Beasts > Other Bikes

Tabitha 1200

<< < (2/34) > >>

Lee337:
Yep, got side panels, they'd been removed but were in the shed. Only thing I didn't get were the fairing bolts, which I now have.

I did have a small compressor and could have loosened off the brakes, but there were 5 of us, so it was easily manhandled out of the garden & on to the trailer. Once I got it home, my brother & I manhandled it onto the bench.

To be honest, I didn't really think about removing the calipers as we managed to get it rolling.

ghulst:
Always better to get it rolling. ;) I like to inflate the tires, so that I would be able to get those friends to join me on one of those trips again. ;)

Sin_Tiger:
This is going to be good  :new_popcornsmiley

Tabitha, not named after the cat that customised the seat by any chance  ;)

The coatings on the casings look very good, don't they put salt on their chips in Milton Keynes?

Lee337:
There is a reason for the name, not cat related but all will be revealed later.

The engine casings aren't too bad, even close up although not perfect.

Lee337:
It wasn’t in the best of condition, not surprising really and a quick glance showed there was going to be a lot of work to get it back anywhere close to roadworthy. First look showed:

* The seat needs replacing
* The fork seals had gone
* The forks were rusty
* The brakes needed rebuilding
* The fuel tap needed replacing
* The fuel filler cap was seized
* Tyres needed replacing
* Fairing bolts were missing
* Battery was dead

I could also see that the chain was rusted and the entire bike was covered in spider poo, cobwebs and dust/dirt of varying sizes. I even found some straw tucked behind the rear shock.
On the plus side everything seemed to be there aside from the fairing bolts. After taking copious photo’s, I shut the garage door and left it while I put together a plan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version