Author Topic: Tabitha 1200  (Read 5045 times)

April 05, 2021, 10:19:26 PMReply #90 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    3.33%
  • Max the Moderator
  • Bike model currently owned: Trophy SE - renamed Rhoda the Corroda
Only relaxed in so far as you can get a haircut and buy a few plants but still required to stay within the county other than essential travel. Unfortunately, technically I'd have to cross two counties other than my own to get the wheels  :icon_sad:

There's plenty of other jobs I can be doing meantime  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

April 06, 2021, 05:25:35 PMReply #91 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    2.89%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
  • Bike model currently owned: 2006 Tiger 955i, 1993 Triumph Trophy
That's it, wheels and sprocket carrier dropped off at the powder coaters. It seems a lot of people had similar ideas now that we are allowed non essietial but local journeys. They have a 4 - 6 week lead time.

And, if you're interested, I've gone for a graphite grey rather than the original silver.

One step closer...
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

April 06, 2021, 11:09:37 PMReply #92 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    3.33%
  • Max the Moderator
Good news  :thumbsup look forward to seeing the results

I wonder if I could convince our local constabulary that it's a "Click & Collect" as we're allowed to do that now  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

April 07, 2021, 10:58:52 PMReply #93 on

Offline ghulst

• Administrator
  • Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    1.33%
  • Roar!
    • arnehulstein.nl
  • Bike model currently owned: Triumph Tiger 800 XC '12
That sounds great. Looking forward to seeing those wheels on the bike!
Triumph Tiger 800XC '12 and a 1994 Ducati 600 SuperSport. - Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993

April 21, 2021, 12:21:43 AMReply #94 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    3.33%
  • Max the Moderator
I managed to get out today, I have to say it was a bit daunting  :icon_eek: and brought these back, I was almost getting moist unwrapping them  :icon_redface: I hope you get yours back soon.

April 21, 2021, 11:13:25 AMReply #95 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    2.89%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
Looking good - that's almost the same colour I've gone for. Hoping to have mine back within the next 4 weeks.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

April 22, 2021, 01:22:35 AMReply #96 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    3.33%
  • Max the Moderator
That's a bit of a wait  :icon_cry:

My PC called it "Titanium", I would have called it Graphite but whatever you call it, it's pretty close to the factory colour for the frame, fittings & engine. Just cleaned things up and fitted the alloy 90 deg valve stems, I'll let you know how that goes when I get the tyres on.

April 23, 2021, 05:02:47 PMReply #97 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    2.89%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
Got the phone call much quicker than they said, off to pick up my wheels in the morning.  :icon_mrgreen:

April 23, 2021, 11:25:13 PMReply #98 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    3.33%
  • Max the Moderator
 :wings

I installed the 90's and am in the process of a pressure / leak test. I did have to dress up the valve hole a little bit, why is it powder coaters like to hang wheels from that hole  :icon_scratch: The yellow stuff is slow cure airline sealant, just to be sure  ;)

April 24, 2021, 07:15:11 PMReply #99 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    2.89%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
Tabitha has new wheels, well they look new anyway.

Refurbed Vs original.

I have a set of Pirelli Angel ST tyres which I'm having fitted next Tuesday. Had the same tyres on my Blackbird, so I'm sure they'll be fine on the Trophy.

April 24, 2021, 07:18:49 PMReply #100 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    2.89%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
Again with the upside down photo?

But click on it & it'a the right way around.

I think these are the same comour as yours Sin_Tiger, they pretty well match the engine & footrest bracket original colour, so I might have them done when I have a bit of spare cash.

April 25, 2021, 12:03:03 AMReply #101 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    3.33%
  • Max the Moderator
They did you proud with that job  :love10 not even a bit of flash around the valve hole  :thumbsup Mine are still holding up at 3.0bar over 24 hrs. I thought I might struggle getting used / stiff casings back on but I'd forgotten how powerful  :* can be, in fact I'd almost forgotten what warm was like  :icon_lol:

April 25, 2021, 10:04:40 AMReply #102 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    2.89%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
If you look at the odd pattern on the inside of the wheel, you can see why the valve hole is clean, they used what looks like a chain to hang the wheel rather than use the valve hole.

For my next trick, I'm going to slap myself. I bought a set of tyres in January from Bikespeed UK, a good price & good customer service. Sadly the customer was wrong. I ordered the wrong size rear tyre. I bought a 180/55-17. Turns out the rear wheel is 18" and needs 160/60-18

I'm fairly certain I wrote the tyre sizes down when I began this project and looking back through my records, they all say 17" front & rear, but now I can actually see what's stamped on the wheel, it is an 18" rear wheel.  :BangHead

So, another new tyre is needed. Not so easy as I can't find a Angel ST in the right size. So, I can either buy an Angel GT which at least is compatable, or a complete set of new tyres of some other make.

Having looked at the price of tyre packages, I'll probably just buy an Angel GT. If I sell the 180/55-17 I might make a little back to go towards the correct tyre.

April 26, 2021, 11:14:10 AMReply #103 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    3.33%
  • Max the Moderator
Hadn't spotted that  :icon_scratch:

All the earlier, up to about '95, T300 rears were 18", which is why so many people change to the later rims for a wider range of tyre options. The 180/55x17 is the size fitted to later Daytona's, Mk2 Trophy's are 170/60x17 recommended stock size.

PM on the way  ;)

May 02, 2021, 07:29:53 PMReply #104 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    2.89%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
Been in the garage over the weekend, playing.

While the tyres still haven't been fitted to the freshly powder coated wheels, the bearings, brake discs and dust seals have. I thought it time to bleed the brakes, a fairly easy task as I have a vacuum kit which makes it a doddle.

First up, fit the wheels with dust sheets covering the surface of the bench - a good call as I dropped the rear wheel when fitting it.

With front & rear wheels on Tabitha, I set about removing the rear body panels so I could access the rear brake fluid reservoir. As i did so, a small piece of black plastic fell to the floor. Turns out it ws half of my new fuel tap. Not even had the bike started & I manage to break something. Should have bought the aluminium replacement instead of trying to same £17 on a plastic version. You know what they say, 'buy cheap, buy twice'. I've now ordered an anuminium one form Spring Manufacturing, so hopefully that'll appear sometime in the next week.

Aside from that, sorting the brakes went smoothly. I used a rather large syringe to fil up the reservoir as it's not in an easy place to get to, the one I used to reverse bleed the clutch what seem like years ago, but in reality I think was May 2020.

Both front & rear brakes now work and there's no leaks from fitting the new braided hoses, so that's another job I can tick off the list.

Still haven't started her up yet, although I am tempted, having cleaned & rinsed out the fuel tank last weekend with some fuel I had lying around. It was supposed to go in the mower, so I'll have to go buy some more next time I do the lawn, a sip for the mower, a glug for Tabitha.  :icon_mrgreen:

As soon as I have the tyres fitted & the wheels back on, I'll start her up & if all goes well, I'll take her off the bench & ride her for the first time at least the length of the drive. It's not that far, but at least I get to give her a go.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal