News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oregon/Washington State members info please

Started by deepsouthtiger, July 15, 2012, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepsouthtiger

So, the wife and I  are looking for our next big move (kids are grown and gone scattered around the country)
We have lived as far north as Alaska and as far south as Key West. We have been looking increasingly towards the Pacific Northwest Oregon/Washington.
We are mid 40's and in good health active etc.   Like "outter burbs" type places, with a couple acres to garden/farm etc.

Anyone from that area got any tips hints tricks that might help our decision. We are basically here in South Alabama for at least a year before we can sell the current home (without the capital gains penalties) and head to our next adventure. A year.....well goes fast so starting to gather info on areas.

Thanks in advance for any info.
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

aeronca

:thumbsup  just so happens that i may be able to help. my wife and i moved up here to the seattle area 20 years ago (lots of aviation type stuff up here), over the that time it seems the weather has progressivly gotten worse, but man, when its nice - it's freakin awsome!!!!!! oregon is pretty cool, but im bias - washington is better. we live about 40 miles northish of seattle along hwy 2. personly i would stay out of king county(crazy taxes) but snohomish and peirce counties are really great(king county is really pretty too). are you looking for close to urbanish, or mountiany suburban(like whwat i have)? were far enough away but close enough to everything. if you want rolling hills of wheat or grass, then eastern wa. is for you. you can also live on many different islands. lots of great and diverse riding as well.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

deepsouthtiger

Thanks for the reply. Not "avoiding" Wash. Been to Seattle, liked it.  Seemed  the property cost a little less in Oregon (I could be wrong just what the interweb throws at me)
 We are looking for mountain/hills type suburban or slightly rural living.  Want to be close enough to a major "hub" to have access to things like Home Depot or chain stores when needed. But not so close as to not be able to plant a garden or target shoot in the back yard if you know what I mean.
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

aeronca

plenty of that out here. house prices are right around the same when i bought 13 years ago, pretty sad, but good for any one buying right now. good luck.    eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Janelle

Washington State is home to 10 members in the United States House of Representatives, each representing a congressional district. As of my last update, the current members are Suzan DelBene, Rick Larsen, Jaime Herrera Beutler, Pramila Jayapal, Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Derek Kilmer, Adam Smith, Kim Schrier, Marilyn Strickland, and Dan Newhouse. They collectively advocate for their constituents on a range of issues, reflecting the diverse interests and concerns of Washingtonians at the federal level. For those seeking affordability, exploring the cheapest places to live in Washington State can provide valuable options for housing and cost of living considerations.