News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tallulah's Diary

Started by Lee337, January 24, 2021, 01:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Will post ther video when it's up on Youtube.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Lee337

Video from Tallulah's dashcam.

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Lee337

Took Tallulah out this morning, just a 15 mile commute to work, via the fuel station. Can't remember the last time I rode her but it was real fun. I'd forgotten just how good these bikes are. She now has 68140 miles on the clock (109660km), has averaged 53mpg, pulls like a train & fully laden has the carrying capacity of a camel... well a small camel anyway.

Didn't miss a beat on the way in but oddly on the way home, the 15 mile trip turned out to be just shy of 50 miles.

No idea how that happened.   :wheel

Tallbloke

I'm very late to this party but I bought my 886i Girly a few months ago with a similar mileage (72k) and have been having loadsa fun romping around the Yorks/Lancs moors on it. Great bike! Enjoyed reading some of your posts on this thread, Let's keep these old girls going!

Here's a pic I took last week trying to get up out of the freezing clag smothering the valley. Next I need some heated trousers to plug into one of those nice 12V outlets on the dash!

Lee337

They just keep on going...   :wheel

Lee337

Despite having a new (to me) Tiger 800 tucked nicely away in the garage, Tallulah is still very much in use although I'm starting to remove some of the bits I've added during my ownership.

This last week I thought it time to remove the satnav that was hard wired in. I thought I might be able to slide the wires out without lifting the tank, easy. Except I forgot I'd used cable ties to secure the one wire to the frame.

So, indicator pods off, tank infil pannels off, side body pannels off, not because I needed to remove them to get the tank off, but becasue I'd tucked the excess wiring behind them, Battery out, battery box removed, fuel line, drain tubes, fuel sender connector and lift.

OK, forgot the tank was full  :BangHead . LIIIIFFFFFFFTTTTTT, put it down quickly.

After that removing the hard wire kit was relativel painless, a few cuts to the cable ties and away it all came.

While the tank wwas off, I thought it wise to also remove the dashcam system. Again not difficult and it took far less time than fitting it in the first place.

Aside from heaving the tank back on, it all went back together again pretty quickly. Battery refitted & it was time to just check everything was working... except it wasnt.

Engine turned over once then everything died. Swith the ignition off, then back on again, only one headlight, no main beam,no indicators and no brake light, pressing the starter button didn't even generate a click & no telltale fuel pump whine.

OK, Lee, think  :icon_scratch:  What could cause all this?  :m

Then it hit me, Tallulah had been in the garage since before Christmas, untouched. the few times I'd been out I'd used Talyn. Checked the battery voltage, 9.3v. An hour on charge and it was back up to 13.4v. Switched on the ignition, all lights working, fuel pump whirred and while she seemed a little sluggish, she started after a couple of turns of the engine, but the engine management light stayed on.

Out comes the laptop, plug in TuneECU and it showed 6 different error codes, all related to under voltage. Cleared them and all seemed well. Time would tell as Sunday was looking good and I really needed to get out on a bike, any bike.

Sunday morning came & I needed to drop a birthday card off at my brothers, pop in to Halfords and it seemed an ideal time to take Tallulah out. She started with her usual ease.

A short 50 mile ride later & she still does not disapoint. I know I have to sell her at some point but I'm in no hurry.

Lee337

I think the time has come for Tallulah to find a new home  :icon_sad:

Looking back, she's provided some great rides, barely missed a beat when out and about and has had the good race to only cause me problems when I've either ignored her for too long, or on the very odd occasion, just before I've been out on a joy ride.

For the most part of my almost 5 year ownership, she's been one of the most reliable bikes I've owned.

But, she does need to be used. I can no longer justify keeping her locked up on the off chance I'll take her out when I have Talyn J sitting next to her, Tabitha Trophy tucked under cover awaiting some warm weather and Daysie Daytona waiting on the bench for more TLC.

I'll be sad to see her go, but the longer I leave her, the more chance there is of tucking her away in the back of the garage unused & unloved when she needs the thrill of the open road.

It's time to let someone else have the joy of those long summer days out. The advert is written, I just need to get the camera out.

ghulst

It is always that bitter sweet time when you know a new owner is going to appreciate your bike more than you will from this point onwards... Still, it's the right thing to do and all that. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011