News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tallulah's Diary

Started by Lee337, January 24, 2021, 01:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Roadie after the delivery trip to Jack Lilley's Dec 2013
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Lee337

Took Tallulah out for a wee spin the other day. Needed some milk & as it was a nice day thought I'd ride instead of taking the car. a quick check of tyres, oil  & electrics as she's not been out for almost a month. Battery was a little low but she started without too much trouble.

£23 for two pints of milk, including petrol to the shop & back. Mrs L couldn't quite understand how it took a couple of hours to get to the shop when it's only 2 miles away.

It was good to get out & about.   :wheel
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

:mut I managed out on Friday too. That's inflation for you, the price of Tunnocks Tea Cakes has really rocketed :nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

I've managed not to get out this weekend at all... Too much mist here for the bike and very salty roads. So, the GS stayed inside, the KTM remains a naked. Too cold to work on the KTM as well.
I did do that "shopping run" years ago when I really needed to get some milk and it took me over 100km to find it. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Lee337

It amazes me how far you need to go just to get essentials these days.

I'm thinking of running out of cheese later this week.  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

How far can Camembert run  :*&*

Lee337

Pulled her out of the garage today & in to the sunshine. Was expecting to have to charge the battery, but no, she started first press of the button. Happy with that even if she was turning over a little sluggish ( compared to usual).

A quick once over with a rag clean the lights  a chain oil & she's good to go.

Except the fluid in the expansion tank was a little low. I kind of expected that as I've not checked the level since I did a fluid change a while back. I now have a pool of coolant on the drive. Yep, over filled it & she spat out what she didn't want when I warmed her up..

Never mi d, taking her out later for a trip to the nearest shop. I might forget the way again.  :wheel   :icon_mrgreen:

Lee337

Sin_Tiger

Lee337

Finally got around to doing something I've been meaning to to for over 2 years. Some may know it as the Sasquatch mod, I know it better as 'the dark art of Tiger charging circuits'

Yes  I spent a while this morning not in the garage, but at the kitchen table with wire  soldering iron and all sorts of other connectors, fuse lines & electrical tape.

So far Mrs L hasn't noticed the burns on the table  but give it time. If I don't post again for a long while, you know why.

Anyway, using the post on this very site, it probably took less than 1/2 hour to put the bypass together. Another 20 minutes to fit it on Tallulah (& 25 minutes to go buy a 30a small blade fuse).

Pre mod, 13.4v at idle and (oddly) 13.2v at 3000rpm.
Post mod 14.2v at idle, 14.2v at 3000rpm.

Not a bad result  eve  though I don't think the charging was too bad to begin with.

Next up, I bought one of those cheap Chinese motorcycle dashcams, with both front & rear camera. When I get a fairly warm & not so windy day, you can guess what I'll be doing, assuming I survive the table incident. :thumbsup

London_Phil

Ahhh Sasquatch... a name from the past.

Just to say, make sure the fuse holder is a good one. As I discovered when I modded the 800 to move the 30A main fuse from under the Battery. I picked up what was a good quality Napa part when I was in the US, but it had a slightly poor crimp on one side, and the fuse assembly was discovered to be melting after a few months of use. I went back to the original, oem quality fuse holder, but you  don't have that option, so just a suggestion to check it regularly.

Lee337

Will do, it was a Halfords fuse  so I figure it's not a 'do once & forget' part.

Sin_Tiger

:iagree with Phil, there's some suspect but nicely "Brand Packaged" stuff around. I used to be able to tap into my resources for marine grade stuff  :icon_rolleyes: it's worth the little extra money if you know it's provenance. I'll probably get it in the neck for this but some of the 70's Lucas stuff was better quality than some (not all it has to be said) that drops through the letter box in a grey plastic bag  ;)

It would be good if you can do a review of the ridecam, my 10 year old dual cam one is robust but quite large and not as good recording quality compared to modern ones. I think we may need to protect ourselves even more with the ludicrous changes to the Highway code. Many wouldn't adhere to the rules before, I feel education would have been a better use of resources  :cp

Lee337

That was one of the reasons s for getting a dashcam. We have a few cyclist clubs around here who already thi k they own the road. Someone in the village had their car windscreen smashed following an argument about speeding on a cycle past a nursery school. Their cats captured a cyclist group surround the car & start to kick it.  They generally ride 2 or 3 abreast on the main A15.

I'll do a quite up when I've got it all wired up.

London_Phil

I've got an original single Camera Innov on my 800. Done well, but probably time to upgrade.