News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 885i Girly plastics graphics

Started by the slow heart, January 24, 2021, 02:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the slow heart

Hi guys,

Finally I came to the long delayed plastics refreshment,
and looking for the graphics - if someone did them to a file already - scanned / CorelDraw / etc.

It would be easier to print them on transparent folio.
I am not sure if it would be easier to isolate them while painting, or to draw them from zero.

Regards,
K.

Sin_Tiger

This guy does good quality items that your can clear coat over. There aren't any "Slashes" on his listings but he has done items for me based on JPG's before at competitive rates and will scale them to order.

http://www.bikedecals.co.uk/
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

the slow heart

Thanks  :occasion14

Could not get response from this guy,
and same situation - the "slashes" are not easy to replicate,
will try harder to stretch tank photos -
the final digital print prices are quite acceptable at my place.

Sin_Tiger

Sorry to hear that.

I've found the best way to get size and shape over a curved surface is to cover it with paper masking tape, draw through as you can usually see the different shades with the buff coloured tape and still discern the edges even with the clear coat. Carefully remove it in one piece and then lay it on a flat card.

You might even be able to scan it or get it scanned and then clean up the image enough for a commercial decal shop.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

the slow heart

Got some tank decals declared as original, but they proved to be similar in shape and solid colour.

Have them scanned, but can't activate the attach button - if someone needs them, pm me.

ghulst

Or you can pm me and I can put them on the forum for you. 
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

the slow heart

Tried again from a desktop pc and did it.
The scan is 1:1 ratio, but was done together with the transport folio,
hence some irregularities in the color. I trimmed some of them in image editing app,
you can do it better, even change color if needed.

ghulst

I have created a PDF file based on your scan, where I took out any discolouring etc. This way anyone should be able to print this in any color you would want. :)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

the slow heart