News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i rear shock

Started by zombie, September 16, 2005, 12:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie

I need to get a rear shock asap for my 01 955i , I ordered one from Hagon but it is the wrong shock, right size wrong eyelets so I sent it back.

so any info would be appreciated and I really don't want to spend a thousand dollars on an ohlins

cheers mick

djr

I believe WP and Wilbers also do them for the Tiger.

morton_chad

Good luck on finding an aftermarket replacement. I ordered one from WP and from Hyperpro. Both companies have part numbers listed on their web site for an '02. After waiting 4 months for the WP, I placed a concurrent order with Hyperpro. Neither company was able to provide a shock after 8 months. Hyperpro said they no longer make one and will remove the part number and the WP importer said they can't get it. Hard to believe that even with money to spend, manufacturers are not interested in selling. By the way, I'm in California. Availability maybe different in other parts.

spanky

Call Doug Douglas cycles @(909)884-4776, they told me that they could get an after market rear shock that is fully adjustable and improves off road performance as well as street. about $1,000. If any thing they should be able to tell you where you can get further info on it or the company that makes it.

Good luck.
Happy trails to you

Honda Magna, Yamaha SR 600 thumper, and impatiently Waiting for delivery of My 2006 Caspian blue Cat..

Chris Canning

For you guys in the States then i would have thought the best choice would have been an American company,it just makes life easier alternatively i'd use Jack Lilley here in the Uk

As for Hagon,if they've made a mistake surely they can send the correct one,other guys on the boards have them without any problems.

What a would say for anyone thinking of buying an aftermarket shock,put a little thought into it,do you only ride one up??? if you ride two up specify that you'll need a different spec spring.

The real bad news once you've ridden a bike with an aftermarket shock going back a mass produced stocker is an eye opener.

Chris

zombie

I'm a dozey git as the Hagon shock goes in upside down as compared to the stocker so it's the right shock just have to turn it around

well sorted for 380dollars..

I got mine from dave quinn motorcycles in ct and a nicer bloke  you won't meet. Real accomadating with fast service and generally all round sound attitude.

cheers Mick

Lummox

Whats wrong with the existing shock? I still have the original on my T4 steamer and its ok?

Are the new ones inferior?

Lummox

Quote from: "Lummox"Whats wrong with the existing shock? I still have the original on my T4 steamer and its ok?

Lummox

I agree. Mine's done 28500 miles and all I've had to do is up the damping a little as the oil must have thinned a bit with use. I still have 4 clicks to go until I run out of adjustment. The newer ones (from 2001 on) are Kayaba.

Maybe, however, some people want more knobs to twiddle with. Or are trying for a better ride quality.

zombie

Quote from: "Lummox"Whats wrong with the existing shock? I still have the original on my T4 steamer and its ok?

Lummox

I ride my tiger pretty hard , well to be honest I thrash the thing and have done numerous track days on it , as a result I like my shock on it,s hardest setting for cornering. I also have a set of dymags on my Tiger and have dropped the front end in the triple trees and re-did the front end.

Recently my Tiger started to wallow like a drunken hippo in the corners and felt like it wanted to fall over . I took the shock out and it was pretty shagged and the roller bearings in the lower bushing were pretty beat.. so I decided on a hagon as the ohlins was out of my price range

My stock shock worked well for 30k but when it went off it did so in a hurry but I'm not surprised and was pleased to get as long out of it as I did..