News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sump Guard

Started by CaptainScarlet, February 14, 2021, 12:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainScarlet

Hi! Looking at the pics on here, I realise my Tiger 955 is missing a proper sump guard, for that authentic RTW look! Touratech ideally (I already have their crash bars and radiator guards) but I'd consider anything that doesn't need too much work. So if any of you good people have one available, please let me know. I'm in Northern Ireland.
Thanks,
Mark
The Road is Life

ghulst

Hi Mark,

Sorry, but I have removed your email address. I strongly advise against posting your email publicly on the forum. And people can easily email you through the email icon below your username, send you a private message through the text balloon below your username, or in this thread.

Really hoping you will find one soon. Is Touratech the only option? Or would you consider other brands?
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

CaptainScarlet

Hi ghulst,

Yep thanks for that, I didn't think. I'm new to this forum lark!

Further to your comments about brands of sump guards:
1. What other brands do you suggest?
2. I see good deals on belly pans to fit the 800; are you aware of anyone fitting one to a 955?

Thanks again
The Road is Life

Lee337

In the Toys & Farkles section, there's plans for an aluminium sump guard if you're good with your hands.

I suspect the 955i being as old as it is, a bike breaker is probably your only other option.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

Quote from: Lee337 on February 15, 2021, 02:51:08 PM
I suspect the 955i being as old as it is, a bike breaker is probably your only other option.

That would be my suggestion as well. It is probably your best bet. Or eBay.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Lee337 on February 15, 2021, 02:51:08 PM
In the Toys & Farkles section, there's plans for an aluminium sump guard if you're good with your hands.

I'd agree, a custom one from 3mm dural is going to be much more effective and might well cost you less. The original was a pressed steel, probably around 1.5mm, it attached directly (rather flimsily) to the downpipes, they're pretty rare used as well.

The 800 down pipe and engine casings are quite different, so it would probably take as much work to make one fit as to make one from scratch.

I think a custom one might suit your "Style" better as well.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

CaptainScarlet

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your advice.

And to Sin_Tiger...Thank you for noticing my 'style'!

I'll maybe take a look at cobbling something together, once she's back on two wheels.

Cheers!
The Road is Life