News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wire insert kit needed urgently.

Started by aesdj, February 17, 2021, 07:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aesdj

Anyone have for sale or know were I can get an M20 x 1.5mm wire insert kit at a reasonable price?

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quite a few helicoil kits on Ebay. Not cheap though.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aesdj

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 17, 2021, 05:30:38 PM
What did you break, I'm trying to figure out what is that size  :icon_scratch:
It's nothing actually on the bike. I'm fitting an oil level sight glass to the engine casing and when I had the boss I'd made welded in the heat distorted the thread. In hindsight I would have left the boss solid and drilled and tapped it after the welding but you live and learn.

Sin_Tiger

Interesting, I've recently bought some sight glasses to do just that. My intention was to machine the spigot on the lathe and then sweat it on using alloy solder, much lower temp and I've had good results with it, not like it's under a lot of heat and no pressure to speak of.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 26, 2021, 10:39:09 PM
Interesting, I've recently bought some sight glasses to do just that. My intention was to machine the spigot on the lathe and then sweat it on using alloy solder, much lower temp and I've had good results with it, not like it's under a lot of heat and no pressure to speak of.

Not used ally solder since my apprenticeship in 1975  :icon_lol:   We called it ally brazing, but same result I think.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...