News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Nearly...

Started by Lee337, November 23, 2022, 10:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Rosie is my sister-in-law's name

"What you been up to Bro?"

"Riding Rosie all afternoon..."

:bug_eye
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Its Red and Black, so it must be named after a (female) Sith Lord? So Talon?

Lee337

Now Talon I like & it fits in with the naming conventions of my other vehicles, Tabitha Trophy, Daysie Daytona & Verity Volvo, not to mention Tallulah Tiger Lily.

Think that could be a winner...

Yep, Talon Ruby Tiger just might work
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

I must have missed that episode but Talon is different and appropriate  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Lee337

Going with Talyn, which is the feminine version of Talon - meaning noble or Claw.

Done a little research into Darth Talon who became a Sith Lord , decided that as she's a villain, it wouldn't  be appropriate. Don't mind a feisty ride, but I'm too old for a villainous one.

Talyn seems a good compromise.

Thanks guys  :notworthy

London_Phil

Lee337

Talyn HAS ARRIVED.  :rock-1:

She arrived at 10:20 last night by a local Motorcycle transport company & was promptly tucked away in the garage until this morning when I could take a good look at her.

First impressions are positive. She needs a clean, having been ridden 18 miles to & from the MOT station by the previous owner on 13th December, the front tyre is a little under pressure, but that's no problem I hope and F me! those panniers & top box are heavy.

I know the paniers/top box are supposed to move around, but it's weird when you can move them approx 20mm left to right.

Talyn drew first blood when I went to swing my leg over & cracked my knee on the pannier mounts - may have to remove them unless I need to use the panniers as they stick out a little.

So, there she sits, with Tallulah, Tabitha and Daysie for company. I'll pull her out sometime between Xmas & New Year to give her a good clean and at some point in 2023, I'll swap the Satnav & dash cams over before taking her out. I suspect I'll stick to using Tallulah at least until the weather improves & the spring rains have washed the salt from our roads.

Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays, and a prosperous New Year. I hope 2023 is a good year for you & your families.

:occasion14

Lee

London_Phil

Nice One. I bet you end up dumping the oem pannier/box setup, as they look good, but are heavy and low on space..
The moving plate alone weighs more than one of my Givi Top Boxes.....
Check the spokes/rim interface, as there are reports of corrosion.
I recently fitted a Cast wheel to the back, from a roadie, as recommended by Howard, so I can run Tubeless, at least at the back.

Sin_Tiger

If you'd been tempted to go for a ride you'd have had knee armour  ;)  it could have been worse. You'll have to line them all up for a photo one day, might need a bigger driveway soon.

Panniers look great as shed storage, except as Hill says, you can't get a lot in them, maybe a first aid kit  :augie

Have a good week ahead guys

ghulst

Great read. Thanks for sharing. Those 800XC's are nice bikes. I really liked mine. I would consider finding a comfort seat if I were you. It greatly improved my enjoyment of my 800XC.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011