Tiger Time > 900's (2020 - Now Tigers)

Tiger 900 Anyone?

(1/5) > >>

mat-tiger1:
Any of you guys got one yet or have the inclination??  :^_^

I've put my inquiry in for a 900 Rally Pro in exchange for my 2018 XCA. Just waiting on the final figures and lead-time from the dealership.  :icon_biggrin:

Also, i'm not a lover of the current colour offerings so i'm thinking of getting it custom spayed before delivery, anyone done anything similar?  :icon_eek:

blacktiger:

--- Quote from: mat-tiger1 on February 23, 2021, 04:40:39 PM ---Any of you guys got one yet or have the inclination??  :^_^

I've put my inquiry in for a 900 Rally Pro in exchange for my 2018 XCA. Just waiting on the final figures and lead-time from the dealership.  :icon_biggrin:

Also, i'm not a lover of the current colour offerings so i'm thinking of getting it custom spayed before delivery, anyone done anything similar?  :icon_eek:

--- End quote ---

Afraid not. I really can't be arsed to sort out all the bit's that don't work or suit me on another bike. So I'll stick with my sorted 800.

Bixxer Bob:

--- Quote from: blacktiger on February 26, 2021, 06:08:58 PM ---Afraid not. I really can't be arsed to sort out all the bit's that don't work or suit me on another bike. So I'll stick with my sorted 800.

--- End quote ---

I'm of the same mind.  The Explorer is a noisy tractor, but I now know it inside out and fixed a fuel injection fault myself that flummoxed the dealer, unsurprisingly, but also Clive Woods.  Much as I'd like to swap it for something lighter,  I'm not sure I want to go through the getting intimate with the spanners thing again.

After the FI thing on my  Explorer I swore my next bike would have carbs.  Then I race prepped a VFR750.  Fuck carbs.  At least FI only goes wrong occasionally.

London_Phil:
And what was the FI problem in the end?

Bixxer Bob:

--- Quote from: London_Phil on February 26, 2021, 10:01:18 PM ---And what was the FI problem in the end?

--- End quote ---

Two-fold.

The TPS on the throttle bodies wasn't reading correctly and the airbox pressure sensor was fubar'd.

The TPS is calibrated at the factory and sealed prior to installation so was going to be a big problem.  However, I found a set of TBs on Ebay from a previously good, accident damaged bike for 100 quid.  Most of the problem went away on fitting them but it still had a lumpy tickover.  I noticed that if I blanked off the airbox sensor with my thumb it smoothed out so contacted the TB seller and got the sensor off that bike too.

Main dealer wouldn't touch it because there were no fault codes stored in the ECU.  Clive did his best, but he soon realised he didn't have any more tools than me and didn't want me to run up a bill doing work I could do my self. 

I was worried I was going to have to break it for parts, but I just kept chipping away, trying different things, till I worked it out.  The main issue was chasing two faults at the same time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version