News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SW Motech Centre Stand

Started by Timbox2, April 14, 2016, 08:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on April 17, 2016, 10:56:46 PM
If you mess about with old 2-stroke race bikes a proper hooked spring puller is your friend; it saves no end of barked knuckles etc...

Wouldn't it be nice if manuals made note of potential skinned knuckles when doing certain procedures. The only time I've ever seen this in print is in John Muir's "How to keep your Volkswagen alive: A manual of step by step procedures for the compleat idiot".
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

gcloys

Quote from: nickjtc on April 18, 2016, 04:06:44 PMWouldn't it be nice if manuals made note of potential skinned knuckles when doing certain procedures. The only time I've ever seen this in print is in John Muir's "How to keep your Volkswagen alive: A manual of step by step procedures for the compleat idiot".
Don't know if you're still here but Thats a great book I've still got. Where I learned a screwdriver can't fix evrything!

ghulst

Quote from: gcloys on August 01, 2022, 09:37:50 PMDon't know if you're still here but Thats a great book I've still got. Where I learned a screwdriver can't fix evrything!

I guess sometimes you just need a hammer, right?  :mut
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

gcloys

Quote from: ghulst on August 31, 2022, 03:06:23 PMI guess sometimes you just need a hammer, right?  :mut
That Muttley makes me feel old! :mut But I like it!