News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Re: 2021 Tigertriple Trip Pruning Thread

Started by blacktiger, February 17, 2021, 10:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

So, yeah, as per my suggestion on the previous thread......:-

The Isle of Man might allow us in. The TT races is very unlikely and they'll be wanting tourist $$$/£££s. Lovely Island, plenty of accommodation and plenty of beer. And, apart from there being NO SPEED LIMITS :wheel over the mountain there are 200 miles of authorised trails to ride.  :nap
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Lee337

Things are too up in the air for me work wise at the moment, so I can't commit to any time this year.

Sounds lime it could be fun though.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

London_Phil

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 19, 2021, 04:51:43 PM
Excludes Harley's.
Objection, Your Honour.. Not a Livewire or Pan-American?????

ghulst

2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Sin_Tiger

The door is on your left and your jacket is on a shoogly peg next to it  :cp Here am I feeling guilty about going OT  :m

Back at the ranch.

I don't think it likely I'll be able to make it, family commitments rather than useable bike issues  :icon_rolleyes: , so you should count me out unless there's a radical change.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Quote from: blacktiger on February 17, 2021, 10:15:09 AM
So, yeah, as per my suggestion on the previous thread......:-

The Isle of Man might allow us in. The TT races is very unlikely and they'll be wanting tourist $$$/£££s. Lovely Island, plenty of accommodation and plenty of beer. And, apart from there being NO SPEED LIMITS :wheel over the mountain there are 200 miles of authorised trails to ride.  :nap

I have never seen you obey a speed limit...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 19, 2021, 08:45:25 PM
The door is on your left and your jacket is on a shoogly peg next to it  :cp Here am I feeling guilty about going OT  :m

Back at the ranch.

I don't think it likely I'll be able to make it, family commitments rather than useable bike issues  :icon_rolleyes: , so you should count me out unless there's a radical change.

The committee of gentlemen will pick you up on the way through.  Get your best drinking hat on.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ghulst

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 19, 2021, 08:45:25 PM

Back at the ranch.

Yes, agreed. Sorry to take this OT, but I just couldn't help myself. ;)

Oh, and I had the Livewire for a test drive. Great fun. Might post a review in the future.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

blacktiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 19, 2021, 10:41:58 PM
I have never seen you obey a speed limit...

I do sometimes. Especially 30s.....ish. I use the 10%+2 equation. Outside the 30s my philosophy is that it'll be OK if I have the right number at the beginning of the speed reading. i.e 59 is sort of OK in a 50.  :augie

Chris Canning

Having seen what is currently going on in the IoM with Covid you'll not be going anytime soon, baring in mind the government over there is a tad right of Attila The Hun...

blacktiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 20, 2021, 06:08:04 PM
Having seen what is currently going on in the IoM with Covid you'll not be going anytime soon, baring in mind the government over there is a tad right of Attila The Hun...

Oh yeah, 17 new cases. Fuck me it's a pandemic. When are you going to understand that we're not proposing to go anytime soon anyway?  :^_^ It'll most likely be after everyone over 50 has been jabbed.

GavD

Gents,
Been discussing this with the chaps down here, and whilst we are keen to meet up again, we feel quite constrained by where we live anyway, so to go from one small island to another for a ride kinda defeats the object of leaving our little rock. Whilst we understand the attraction of the IOM, I think the next time I get there would be another trip to watch the racing. We are trying to organise a long weekend on the mainland at some point in the summer (all covid & work dependent), and will let you know where/when once we have some idea ourselves.

If you or circumstances decide that the IOM is not going to happen and you plump for somewhere else, I'll put it to the fellas again and see if we can make it.
👍
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

blacktiger

Quote from: GavD on February 21, 2021, 04:27:40 PM

If you or circumstances decide that the IOM is not going to happen and you plump for somewhere else, I'll put it to the fellas again and see if we can make it.
👍

Thanks Gav. Obviously everything is in flux throughout this year. Could be that we change IOM to IOW.

GavD

You are all more than welcome to visit the IOW, but it's a bit restrictive as far as rideouts are concerned.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Lee337

I've just learned that IOW is larger than Malta by approx. 20%, mind you if I had a choice, Malta would win but I think it's a bit too far to take the bike for a weekend.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.