News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

No idiot lights

Started by Brian R, February 27, 2021, 08:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian R

Hi
I have stripped down my 955i Tiger to respirated it, but once putting it back together I have no idiot lights on the dash and no power. To the dials or starter motor. I have replaced the loom and the rectifier also the ECU. Headlights all work and the indicators etc, fitted brand new battery. Still no power. Bike will not turn over but if I shorty out the solenoid the engine turns over. Any ideas ?

JayDub

Sounds like the ignition switch to me, or a connection from it.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Sin_Tiger

:ww :occasion14

Bixxer will be along in a minute when he's finished mowing the lawn  :mut he knows his way around the Girly electrics as well as anyone.

Congratulations on the rugby triple  :><
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Brian R

Tested the ignition switch, all ok. Checked all fuses and relays, still no power to anything to do with ignition starter speedo fuel gauge water temp gauge. All the lights, horn, indicators and main beam light work ok. Tested the switches on the stand and handle bars, all working ok. I am stuck!! Any ideas anybody.

Bixxer Bob

My first thought was clutch or stand switch.. 

Given everything else works, it's got to be clutch switch, sidestand switch or kill switch. 

Failing that it's continuity checks between those switches and the ECU.

You have a wiring diagram?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Brian R

Yes mate I have a wiring diagram and have tested all those switches with a meter and they appear to be working correctly!

Bixxer Bob

Ok, you forced me to get my wiring diagram out :ImaPoser

Power goes from the ign switch to the kill switch. Assuming that's OK it then goes to the ign switch fuse and from there to all the other bits that aren't working VIA THE ALARM PLUG.

If you have an alarm, it's probably the problem. If you don't  the bypass plug is under the rear cowl. You'll probably have to remove the rack and cowl to get to it. I'm guessing that's the next most likely place.  You're looking at pins 3 and 4.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Brian R

Thanks mate I will look at that this weekend👍

ghulst

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 04, 2021, 10:24:50 PM
If you have an alarm, it's probably the problem.
Now that is a quote to remember if you are ever working on any older car or motorcycle anywhere. This sentence has been spoken by many mechanics all over the world in lots of different situations. However, it is just about always spot on. If you have an alarm, it's probably the problem. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Brian R

No alarm on the bike, has by pass plug instead.

VABird

The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Brian R

No mate I have checked that and metered it out, all ok😤